The VA Long Beach Health Care System (VALBHS), Long Beach CA, is seeking a Fellowship Trained Board Certified (BC) Critical Care Medicine Intensivist (CCM-I), to join five other Physicians in the Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Section, of the Medicine and Inpatient Healthcare Group, at the Tibor Ruben VA Medical Center, in the beautiful Pacific Coastal Port City of Long Beach CA. Selected Physician will work in the shared 16-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with healthcare team providing meaningful and compassionate Veteran focused care to the most critical care patients. The VALBHS is academically affiliated with the University of California Irvine School of Medicine, and Physician will be considered for Academic Appointment with teaching and research interests supported based on candidate's interests, goals and qualifications. Work Schedule: Mondays – Fridays, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, with Shared Call Responsibilities (1:4 - 1:5 Weeks), which includes some hours spent rounding with fellows and standby call from home as needed.
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must have current, active & unencumbered US State Medical License
- Must be Fellowship Trained & BC in Critical Care Medicine & BC in Internal or Emergency Medicine
Long Beach, with a population of 467,354 people, is the seventh largest community in California, and is one of the most attractive larger cities with really good opportunities for friendships, recreation, romance, and more. People love California because of its weather, lovely landscapes, tourist attractions, and quality of life in general, and Long Beach is often described as “a big city with a small-town vibe”, that's full of arts, culture, adventures, sunshine and smiles. It is also a multicultural place with a cosmopolitan feel, where you can find people from many states, countries, faiths and denominations! Long Beach is also nautical, which means that parts of it are somewhat historic and touch the ocean or tidal bodies of water, such as inlets and bays, which attract visitors and locals who come to enjoy the scenery, various waterfront activities and that beautiful Southern California coastal beach life. Welcome to Long Beach ... "The International City"!
- The VA supports healthy work-life-family balance by offering a robust menu of employee benefits and features that are focused on clinical excellence, favorable patient outcomes and high staff satisfaction
- Expected range of annual salary of $260,000 to $280,000, in addition to an annual physician performance pay bonus up to $15,000.00 may be considered, with by-annual longevity pay increases
- A Recruitment/Relocation Incentive up to 15% of annual salary may be considered, plus Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) up to $200,000 may be available for well qualified candidates
- Paid time off includes 26 days’ vacation, 13 days of sick leave, 10 federal holidays and CME time off
- Health-Dental-Vision-Life Insurance, with monthly premiums partially offset or paid by the government, and includes coverage options for eligible spouse, domestic partner and children
- Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS) defined benefit retirement pension, Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) defined contribution retirement “401K” like plan with up to 5% government matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA, offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 clinical sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories.
For More Information:
Please forward copy of your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice and experience, and other credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com or call (702) 675-5761.