Ohio-based Akron Childrens Hospital seeks an Outpatient Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join its physician team. Akron Childrens Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best childrens hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 60 primary and specialty care locations
- Over 6,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals
The successful candidate will see outpatients in our Boardman office and will join a well-established team of 13 Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, who provide comprehensive mental health services. Inpatient care is provided in a 24 bed inpatient unit, staffed by Inpatient Psychiatrists who also serve as consultation liaisons to hospitalized patients. Outpatients are treated in the 20 bed partial hospitalization unit and through intense outpatient service programs. In addition, the Psychiatric Intake Response Center, located within the Emergency Department at Akron Childrens Hospital provides access to behavioral health services 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of child and adolescent psychiatrists affording exceptional work-life balance
- A leadership role in regional expansion services
- Active involvement in medical student, resident, and fellowship education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and local universities
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
- MD or DO Degree
- Board Eligibility/Certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Ability to Obtain an Active Medical License in the State of Ohio
The Mahoning Valley is an exciting and vibrant place to liveoutstanding parks, museums, theaters, art galleries, sport events, golf courses, country clubs, live concert and event venues, biking and hiking trails, lakes and much more provide residents with a dynamic choice of recreational opportunities. This area is successfully transitioning to a technology and knowledge-based economy by leveraging its industrial and academic strengths. In just the last two years, 107 businesses have invested $682 million here, creating over 4500 new jobs!