For seniors most in need of care, high quality health care is too often beyond reach. JenCare Senior Medical Center a ChenMed Company is a national leader in value-based, primary care that was founded to bring concierge-style medicine and better health outcomes to the neediest populations. ChenMed is a senior focused primary care organization, in nine U.S. markets through its 50+ senior medical centers. As a fully capitated Medicare Advantage provider, ChenMed provides a concierge level of care with minimal to no expense to the beneficiary.
As a leader in preventive, value-based care we are seeking physicians and clinicians who appreciate senior patients, excel in a collaborate environment and strive for positive outcomes for their patients.
The Regional Medical Director is specifically responsible for executing the ChenMed Way and core model in his/her assigned Market. In collaboration with the Regional Chief Medical Officer (RCMO) and Associate/Market Chief Medical Officers (MCMO) for the respective centers, the RMD will be responsible for:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for core model execution in two or more centers in potentially multiple markets within a region. Delivers improved clinical execution, quality, patient engagement, and outcomes; plus develops clinical talent and provider performance across multiple centers. Center clinical leader and/or center providers will report to RMD in a dotted line fashion during the RMDs center accountability. RMD will partner with the Associate/Market Chief Medical Officer to improve center and provider performance.
- Spends up to 40%, depending on the regional/market/center needs, of their time delivering direct patient care services (own panel or patients of the PCP in the overseen centers).
- Establishes a trust-based partnership with the Associate/Market Chief Medical Officer, General Manager, and Center Manager/Center General Manager working within a dyad leadership structure to achieve optimal clinical and operational outcomes; to identify key improvement opportunities and to implement highly effective action plans to deliver better clinical outcomes and cost effective care.
- Supports the development of PCP on Partnership Pathway and clinical leaders in their individual developmental tracks.
- Serves as a coach/mentor/trainer to center clinical leaders and staff providers, giving guidance in best practices to deliver outstanding clinical outcomes, including sampling other PCPs daily huddles, facilitated practice, and leadership rounding.
- Supports provider wellness and stress management, plus proactively addresses efficiency opportunities that can improve work life balance.
- Advocates wellness for patients along the health continuum, from intensive, preventive care to treating multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Invests in patients by implementing strategies that help prevent complications from chronic complex medical problems.
- Attends and participates in regional, market, and center leadership, financial and strategic planning and talent acquisition meetings as required.
- Leads Super Huddle (SH) and Transforming Care Meeting (TCM) weekly (or supports center clinical leader), as well as works with Center Manager/Center General Manager in other center meetings.
- Appropriate management of hospital sick days for overseen centers may include: reviews inpatient census daily, delivers feedback to PCPs and ensures PCPs are keeping in contact with hospitalized patients and hospitalists; facilitates review of inpatients and other high priority patients during SH, accountable for discharged patients being seen and coaches PCP on appropriate flagging of high priority patients.
- Takes an active role as needed in recruiting patients for the center and additional providers for the company. Collaborates with market clinical leader in training of new primary care practitioners.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at managers discretion.
- The RMD will embody mastery of all clinical trainings from PCP to center clinical leader, inclusive of but not limited to: Black Belt Training, Medical Economics and Center Financial Performance, Driving Membership Growth, Market Leadership Training, and the Shared Success Plan center incentive compensation program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be driven by a passion for value-based, integrated health care and care deeply about bringing best-in-class care models to serve families and communities with complex health and social needs
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. High business acumen and insight. This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
- Physician Leadership is integral to good healthcare, so willing to continuously work to develop and improve leadership skills for the benefit of ones patients and center staff, and the company. Demonstrates self-awareness by using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Develops Talent to meet both their career and the organizations goals
- Role models a positive and welcoming approach to patient care, particularly for underserved seniors with low to moderate incomes
- Ability to provide leadership to staff and to build the trust and respect of patients, family members, staff, colleagues, external contacts and others. Able to motivate staff and promote team building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent problem-solving skills, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical/administrative problems
- Committed to upholding ChenMeds values in leadership, management and care delivery to set a powerful, mission-driven example to all team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 60%of the time, however virtual engagement can be used to manage centers as well. Willingness and availability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability and willingness to relocate to a different City, Market, State or Region, if necessary to align with the overall strategic outlook of the business in pursuit of market clinical leadership role
- Spoken and written fluency in English required. Multilingual preferred
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on whats happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or a closely related specialty required
- A valid, active medical license in State of employment required
- A minimum of 5 years clinical work experience providing direct patient care required
- A minimum of 1 year of previous work experience as Medical Director or Associate Medical Director OR a minimum of 3 years previous work experience with a Medicare or Medicaid patient population in progressively responsible administrative or management-related positions required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification required
- Board certification in a major primary care specialty field of practice required
- Geriatrics and/or Palliative care experience desired
- Experienced clinician that has led care teams, scaled clinical operations and held oversight responsibilities over multiple areas preferred