You will own and lead the architecture, design and implementation of calibration of the entire test line for next-generation Tablets, Audio Devices, Keyboards, Pencils, TV/Video devices, Wearable Chargers and various accessories/gear.
You must know how the factory or manufacturing works, test labs, validation labs, data mining and data validation.
Starting from pre-concept until mass production. You will lead our organization to develop instruments and algorithms, fixtures, infrastructure and diagnostic software to implement calibration and testing processes at the factory for all products
You will work between the systems design engineering and operations teams. Right in the middle and part of hardware consumer electronics.
- You will own test stations, design instrumentations metrology equipment, make scalable, lab equivalence, safe, operator friendly and cost effective
- You will own the whole test coverage, from flex, SME board level, sub assembly in line, all the way down to system level
- You will work closely with the development teams, early in the product development lifecycle, to define tests for functionalities and performance.
- You are the main contact concerning calibration, testing and processes for your product.
- You will be the key liaison between our organization and our Contract Manufacturers.
- You will interact within our internal groups to ensure that tests are being performed adequately and on time.
- You are responsible for communicating to execs, upper management and technical staff on the progress of our product and your test line.
- This position requires ability to deal with dynamic and rapidly changing environment requiring decision-making with ambiguous information.
- This includes documentation of tests and developing/executing project plans, specifying test stations and diagnostics for testing product features, specifying/implementing test process control and test data collection.
Must Have Skillset:
- Know how to set up multiple Test stations on the manufacturing floor (some manufacturing and some of them test)
- Excellent understanding with Hardware/ Software architecture and interoperability of a complex systems.
- You know how to collect, analyze and present data to senior management.
- Experience planning, scheduling, resource management, budget, working closely with product lead
- Experience with schedule release of products and decide Products shipping and costs
- Able to see gaps in a big scale, able to see big picture, fill the gaps by designing test stations, know how to test everything.
- Must know how the factory works, know what’s going on the floor, processes, talking to people, need a strong personality,
- Experience working with many personalities and VP level.
- Strong communications skills a must
- Experience with ANY of the following: acoustics, touch, imaging sensors, motion sensors and USB-c technologies.
- EE, ME, Physics or TPM background
- C++, Objective C or Labview programming skills
- Scripting skills.
Location: Cupertino, CA
Type: Contract (12+ months) / possible conversion to fulltime
Travel: possible travel to China