Primary Location:United States-Massachusetts-SEEKONK-75 Highland Ave #6 (0758)
Work Locations: 75 Highland Ave #6 (0758)
Our vision at Petco isHealthier Pets. Happier People. BetterWorld.We’re making things better for pets, people and the planetthrough our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and otherimportant initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating petparents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts withknowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petcoas a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed todelivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centersto our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values andcommitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, havegreat people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers withus.Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities forprofessional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
The Selling Experience Leader (SEL) is the key driver for the guest experience and leading a selling culture in the store. Through the lens of Petco’s vision of “Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.” The SEL is the champion and role model for all relationship building touch points with Petco guests. The SEL will mentor all store partners in the culture of selling and engagement to support and drive the customer experience. The SEL assists the General Manager in developing and managing a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth while maintaining a focus on the welfare, health, and proper care of all animals; as well as assists in managing all aspects of the store’s business in accordance with Petco operational standards and safety procedures.
Essential Job Functions:The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The SEL will have primary responsibility to successfully implement a guest centric culture in the store by leading in the following areas, as well as all other projects/duties as assigned:
Outstanding guest experience every time
- Utilize a deep understanding of business acumen to measure, analyze and diagnose business trends and to also utilize critical thinking skills to effectively implement business improvement plans.
- Lead store execution, training, communication and maintenance of company initiatives, programs, policies, procedures, safety practices, and promotions.
- Responsible for driving the implementation and execution of customer-centric programs such as seasonal promotions and sales to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Train, coach, and develop department level leaders and store partners in all areas and functions required to run the store efficiently and to Petco standards, including the effective rollout selling models.
- Leads a “never out of stock” culture with store partners to ensure exceptional customer experience for all Omni-channel initiatives (examples include, but are not limited to: BOPUS, Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery).
- Ensure the weekly schedule is written effectively to maximize operational and selling floor coverage.
- Manage and coach dog training partners in delivering a consistent services customer experience aligned with our Petco Brand Standards and Customer Promise.
- Promote a positive culture of teamwork by working alongside the leadership team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Demonstrate and support a continuous improvement and growth mindset.
- Demonstrate a keen and genuine interest in all kinds of animals.
- Perform other duties as assigned and assume responsibility as Leader on Duty to drive selling engagement.
General instruction is provided by the General Manager on some, but not all tasks to be performed.
- The Selling Experience Leader is directly responsible for the Guest Services and Dog Training roles in the store.
- Partner with the GM to attract, hire, and retain top talent; participate in new partner and leader interviews and selection.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although occasional merchandise stocking, customer carry-outs, and bank deposits will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from failure to follow safety precautions and procedures. A limited amount of travel will be required.
This position has continuous contact with the general public at the store and at store-related events, and regular contact and exchange of information with other departments in the field, Distribution Centers, and at the Support Centers. Contact outside of PETCO may be required in order to coordinate merchandise returns, ordering parts, store repairs, coordination of vaccination clinics, store events, vendor meetings, etc.
Education and Prior Experience:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent required; some college level business/management courses preferred.
- One or more years of management experience or the equivalent is required, while previous retail management experience is preferred.
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
- Proficiency in communication skills, organizational skills, and computer skills required.
- Demonstrates proficiency in areas of general business practices, basic business & finance acumen, analysis and problem-solving skills, and high focus on people development & guest service.
- A qualified applicant will possess an aptitude for demonstrating strong customer service and the ability to instruct others.
- Completion of specific PETCO Management Achievement Program Modules as well as internal management roles may be required for internal candidates.