Great Western Leasing and Sales a full-service semi-trailer dealership is seeking a qualified foreman to assist the Service Manager in leading the team of mechanics in our repair shop. This position is a working foreman position and as a result will be expected to work on trailers as needed and bill hours worked on repair orders. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in diagnosing and repairing typical issues with respect to semi-trailers, as well as team lead/management experience.
- This position is a working foreman position and will be responsible for completing trailer repairs as well as, general team lead/management duties
- The Foreman will act as a back up in all capacities to the Service Manager when necessary
- Work with the service manager to establish the shop schedule and assign work to the technicians
- Work in the Dealer Management System to create, update, and invoice repair orders as directed by the Service Manager
- Diagnose issues that customers are having with their trailers, and prescribe the necessary repairs
- Work with the service manager to complete estimates for customer repairs
- Review repair orders when done for completeness and edit as necessary to ensure all parts are on repair orders, and stories are correct
- Train the technicians on proper repair process and procedure
- Answer any questions the technicians may have regarding a particular repair
- Perform quality control inspections upon completion of all work in the shop
- Enforce company safety program and best practices
- Aluminum welding, repairing brakes, tires, electrical and suspension work for semi-trailers such as Dry vans, flatbeds, lowboys and drop decks
- Maintaining a clean and serviceable work area
- Maintain all paperwork and computer work necessary to complete the task
- Minimum 5 years of experience in semi-trailer repair, and technician management
- Valid driver's license and reliable form of transportation
- Own set of hand tools
- Microsoft Office products skills helpful
- ASE or other industry recognized certifications helpful
- Welding Certifications preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, welding equipment and refrigerated trailers
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate too loud. The employee will be exposed to extremes in temperature and environmental conditions. The employee may work in a shop, yard or out of a mobile service vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, HSA/FSA, Employee Discounts, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay.