Farmers Cooperative is a full service cooperative with products and services offered in energy, grain, feed, agronomy, and tire departments. We are an aggressive company always looking towards the future and trying to bring more opportunities, markets, and abilities to our local producers. There are over 60 locations serving southeast Nebraska and northeast Kansas with our main office located in Dorchester, NE.
Job Title: Semi Driver
Job Location: Farmers Cooperative facility
A Day in the Life:
As a Semi Grain Truck Driver, your main duty is the safe operation of company semi tractor-trailers. You will also be expected to do daily pre-trip inspections and maintenance of your vehicle, safely transport daily freight, and communicate efficiently with the dispatcher. You will be out and about on highways in company vehicles, so good driving practices is must as you are the face of the company out there. You will be expected to work hard and you will have to work more hours during fall harvest time. This is a skilled position requiring a dedicated individual who has a good work ethic and a strong attendance record.
We operate under the "all hands-on deck" philosophy when it comes to getting things done. Therefore, employees are required to perform all other duties as directed by the supervisor.
What You'll Need to Do This Job:
- A high school diploma and/or equivalent.
- Class A CDL
- Directional and navigational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- General knowledge of semi tractor-trailers
- The desire to be involved in agriculture and work for a cooperative
- The ability to think clearly and problem solve
- This position does require you to climb in and out of semis throughout the day and open and close your trailer hopper. Even though you will be driving the majority of the time, you must be able to regularly lift at least 50 pounds.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover every activity, duty or responsibility required of the employee.