Growing statewide company seeking semi drivers from the Detroit area.
Starting Pay & Position:
- Full-time available position originating out of our Metro Detroit area warehouse working Sunday night through Thursday night
- $20.20 starting rate
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for checking products when loading and before leaving on route to ensure that all product is on the truck
- Responsible for removing product from truck and delivering to cross docks
- Communicate with the office, Supervisors, and dispatch
- Ensure that orders are delivered per established policies and procedures
- Operate Hi-lo and pallet jack
- Use handheld device and ELD log
- Update paper logs within DOT HOS compliance as necessary
- Perform Pre/Post Trips daily
- Drive long distances as required up to 6 hours at a time
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum age 21
- Able to pass drug & alcohol test
- Acceptable DMV record required
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Must have valid CDL A License with a minimum of one year of verifiable semi driving experience
- Obtain DOT Card thru GLWAS during pre employment physical
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and personal time
- Competitive health benefit package including BCBS medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions after probationary time is met
- Voluntary life insurance
AboutGreat Lakes Wine & Spirits:
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is Michigan's Largest Alcoholic Beverage Wholesaler, servicing all 83 Michigan counties. Employing over 1,000 people with facilities throughout the state, We Are Local, Everywhere.
Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits providesequal employment opportunityto all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.