Incumbent purchases materials and/or services in accordance with Purchasing Department procedures and internal controls.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must adhere to the Support Services Policies and Procedures.
- Interfaces at all levels with vendors. Solicits quotations, negotiates service contracts, prices, terms, delivery, quality and service.
- Evaluates and selects suppliers based upon price, quality, availability, reliability and selection of materials/services.
- Interfaces internally with employees and co-workers to determine exactness of materials/services.
- Maintains current knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures, quotations, negotiations, contracts, different types of purchase orders, vendor confidentiality, etc.
- Exercises high level of analysis, problem-solving, decision-making and prioritization on a daily basis.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of materials and sources of supply.
Associate's Degree with a major in Business or other related course of study, as well as one (1) or more years of purchasing experience or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Communication, problem-solving, decision-making, prioritization and analytical skills required.
- Experience in a purchasing department for a Four-Diamond or greater Hotel/Casino property required.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel required;
- Stratton Warren software experience a plus.
- F & B purchasing experience in excess of $50 million annually a plus.
- Multi-property, high volume buying experience a plus.
For a listing of all opportunities at Seminole Hard Rock Support Services, please go to www.gotoworkhappy.com.