At Johnsonville, our members are responsible for everything! If you're passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand, featuring bratwurst, Italian, snack and breakfast sausages in fresh and fully cooked varieties. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, the company employs 1,800 members and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Senior 3PL Warehouse Manager
Johnsonville, LLC has a commitment to become the “Best Company in the World” by offering the highest quality products and maintaining a work environment that requires personal growth and superlative performance by each member.
The Senior 3PL Warehouse Manager (Coach) will be responsible for managing the performance of our 3PL cold chain warehouses. This position will support our U.S. and Canada locations while meeting our customer’s supply chain service expectations and JVL’s inventory management process requirements. In addition, this position will coach the distribution coordinators, OS&D analyst and 3PL inventory coordinators. The individual will be a detail-orientated leader who is committed to providing exceptional hassle-free service to our customers, challenging the status quo, able to mentor and develop others, reducing our overall logistics costs, meeting 3PL budget expectations and developing innovation solutions for Johnsonville and our customers.
- Manage the performance of our 3PL cold chain warehouses by ensuring they have policies, procedures, systems, equipment and trained and sufficient levels of staffing to meet the needs of the Johnsonville business and our customers.
- Coach and develop the distribution coordinators, OS&D analyst and 3PL inventory coordinators to reach their full potential and to ensure they are maximizing the value created for Johnsonville.
- Partner with and hold the 3PL cold chain warehouse accountable for meeting Johnsonville scorecard metric targets, utilizing RCA (Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions) and continuous improvement processes to increase service performance, maintaining accurate and current inventories, operational efficiencies and to drive cost out of the supply chain for mutual benefit.
- Conduct site audits of the 3PL cold chain warehouse operations to insure compliance with Johnsonville expectations.
- Take responsibility for preparing annual capital and operating budgets for 3PL cold chain warehouse locations; performing analysis of monthly spending reports and variances and taking actions to ensure actual spending is equal to or less than budget.
- Perform strategic planning and collaboration with our 3PL cold chain warehouses to ensure future capacity and service requirements are achieved.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional projects such as new 3PL cold chain warehouse start-ups, the roll-out of new service offerings, conducting RFP’s, implementing strategies to meet customer requirements, new product introductions, and provide cost savings (CI or productivity projects).
- Partner with Johnsonville’s sales, brokers and customers to develop mutually-beneficial supply chain initiatives.
- Use your knowledge, experience and analytical skills to create a pipeline of ideas that continuously improve results: warehousing operations and reduce supply chain cost, OS&Ds, improve inventory accuracy, truck turn times, on-time delivery, order fulfillment, and Cooke & Thurber or third party audit results.
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or related field is required
- Four years of supervisory/coaching experience and team leadership
- 5-10 years of experience in 3PL cold chain warehouse management or distribution center operations management or related logistics operations management is strongly preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong leadership abilities and able to mentor/develop others
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and developing contracts
- Able to hold 3PL’s/others accountable for service excellence, continuous improvement and results
- Basic understanding of inventory management processes, systems and EDI transactions
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and manage vendor/business relationships
- Strong communication skills, including excellent oral and written communication
- Financial acumen and budgeting experience
- Planning and organizational skills, flexibility and attention to detail is a must
- Project management skills involving multiple, simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- History and desire for personal growth and development
- Demonstrated drive and ability to create “new and better” through innovation
- SAP/PO, WMS/TMS and EDI experience preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), MS Project and MS Visio
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies is preferred
Travel: Approximately 25%
Locations: Sheboygan Falls, WI
How to Apply:
External candidate: Apply on-line only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.