~This position will preferably be in-office, but remote will be considered for Claims experienced / highly qualified candidates~
Do you have a passion for analysis and critical thinking? Are you driven to help others? This is your opportunity to give those passions and talents new purpose by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford. This position will be that of Analyst, Senior Analyst or Specialty Analyst commensurate with experience.
As a Long-Term Disability Analyst, your primary role is to investigate claims to determine if the insured person qualifies for long-term benefits and work with them on a treatment plan to get them back to work as soon as responsibly possible. In this role, you’ll support our mission of helping our customers rebuild their lives after an unexpected event or illness happens. You must comply with corporate claims standards, policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
Location: 175 Running Hill Rd, S. Portland, ME 04106
Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Possible 2 weeks of travel required during training.
This position can be hired as an Ability Analyst (SEG 1) or an Ability Specialist (SEG 2) - Depending on experience level.
This position will be preferably in office, but remote could be considered for claims experienced candidates.
AS A LONG-TERM DISABILITY ANALYST, YOU’LL
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information, apply sound reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Utilize business acumen and technical expertise to make sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment, with management oversight.
- Provide exceptional customer service by maintaining a dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Help to create a team environment that achieves Group Benefit Claims Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Operate under the mindset of The Hartford’s Behaviors: Deliver Outcomes, Operate as a Team Player, Build Strong Partnerships and Strive for Excellence.
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re committed to providing quality customer service.
- You possess exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills and have a strong attention to detail.
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You thrive in a team-structured environment.
- You’re flexible, with the ability to both lead and be led.
- You have the ability to maintain a high-level of quality and accuracy, while meeting productivity targets in a fast-paced environment.
- You have exceptional computer skills and are proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- You have a bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- As an added plus, you have some knowledge of medical terminology.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster's License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successful passage of the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance.
BENEFITS – EFFECTIVE ON DAY ONE - Don’t just apply for a job. Apply your passions.
Once you apply online you’ll receive a link via email to complete an automated pre-employment assessment. Please complete the assessment within 48 hours as it will be deactivated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job Disability Claims
Primary Location: United States-Maine-South Portland
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Associate's Degree (±13 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting:Feb 13, 2019, 12:52:53 PM
Remote Worker Option:No