TITLE: Senior Account Executive
DEPARTMENT: Account Management
REPORTS TO: Account Director
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is responsible for leading the day-to-day workflow for the assigned client and/or project. The position requires sharp communication and critical thinking skills, along with the ability to lead internal agency team members to produce great work. SAE should have a solid understanding of all marketing/advertising channels, their clients’ business and the agency profitability model.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing junior team members to ensure they understand processes, foster client relationships and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Lead internal communication and collaboration across departments:
-- Setting expectations for each team member and output of project
-- Establishing clear deliverables and timelines to ensure team alignment
-- Keeping Campaign Management informed on project process and details
- Manage down to junior team members and up to Supervisors to keep leadership informed on important client and internal team updates
- Proactively learn and understand the client’s business to evaluate work based on strategy and objectives.
- Own relationship with peer-level clients – remaining in regular communication and managing their expectations.
- Earn and maintain a positive relationship with the client to further agency partnership and align agency capabilities with clients’ growing needs.
- Anticipate potential challenges when developing new work in order to prepare for client feedback or technical roadblocks.
- Continuously identify ways to refine agency and client processes to increase efficiencies within day-to-day workflow.
- Lead team in execution and strategy of integrated creative campaigns across all touch points, including Display, OOH, Broadcast, Social, Search, Online Video, Print & POP
- Analyze results and collaborate with internal teams to provide impactful recommendations/optimizations for clients.
- Develop working knowledge of agency legal, IP, Business Affairs roles and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different people and work styles
- Direct Supervisory experience not required, but working knowledge of management and/or mentorship preferred
- 3-5 years experience in advertising, marketing or related field
- Experience leading an integrated campaign across multiple media channels
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects, schedules and client deadlines
- Working knowledge of agency departments’ capabilities and processes (social, media planning and buying, analytics, etc)
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or iWork
- Familiar with reporting tools, including Google Analytics