FleishmanHillard, a global integrated communications agency is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join the St. Louis Corporate Reputation practice. This is an exciting career opportunity for a communications counselor with strong writing skills to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on reputation management, social media, media relations, executive reputation, thought leadership, corporate social responsibility and sustainability, crisis/issues, corporate positioning and financial communications.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in-class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Manage day-to-day activities for one or more client accounts, including content creation, project management, and strategic counsel to clients on corporate positioning and messaging, integrated marketing communications, business-to-business communications, and crisis/issues management.
- Provide proactive client counsel, insights, and creative recommendations to meet client goals.
- Write and edit pitches, strategic plans, memos, messaging, research, written content, media materials, website and digital/social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Build and maintain strong relationships, with clients, media, and vendors, and with reporters, editors and bloggers to build visibility for client news and subject matter experts.
- Work with senior team members to help generate incremental business opportunities with our existing clients and contribute to new business proposals by prospecting, conducting research, audits, participating in ideation sessions, and pitches.
- Work within a collaborative team on corporate positioning and reputation, issues management, crisis situations, executive visibility, internal communications and CSR programs.
- Be an effective and trusted resource to corporate reputation clients.
- 2-4 years of experience in a corporate communications role, specifically related to corporate reputation management. Previous agency experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with experience in all forms of persuasive, corporate and executive communication, including news releases, pitches, executive talking points, Q&A preparation, social media content (short form and longform). CSR/sustainability/annual report writing is a plus.
- Ability to develop strategic, comprehensive integrated communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels. Demonstrates confidence in presenting them effectively and persuasively to current and prospective clients.
- Understanding of integrated communications and content distribution across earned, owned and paid media platforms, specifically understanding of paid social execution.
- Multitasker, entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, proactive, problem solve, and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in social media and experience in developing and implementing integrated strategies via content and channel management.
- Strong media relations experience with proven program results and success in building relationships with top-tier and industry (trade) media.
- Results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients.
- A high level of energy, excitement and enthusiasm, as well as vision and creative problem-solving skills.
- Additional proficiencies required include excellent interpersonal skills, curiosity, analytical skills, collaborating with diverse teams, solid news and issues judgment, basic PowerPoint and Excel skills and an understanding of how organizations work.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.