will work as part of a team, developing long-term customer relationships with
assigned healthcare accounts such as contractors, consulting engineers or
owners, serving the full spectrum of needs through JCI HVAC Systems offerings.
You will partner with other sales representatives and/or agents to maximize
profit generation from accounts through influence on specifications (owners,
consulting engineers) and market pricing (contractors).
In this role, you will:
• Actively participate on select key and target customer
account teams; obtain and close sales on a monthly basis; achieve quarterly and
annual sales goals.
• Build partnering relationships with the assigned accounts
to drive the penetration of JCI HVAC and Systems offerings.
• Address customer concerns and performance lapses; foster
credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
• With assigned contractors, consistently perform take-offs
and bid on projects encompassing the full spectrum JCI offerings.
• Develop relationships with internal operations and administrative
staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address
• Keep management informed of progress and account status;
leverage management with accounts, as appropriate.
• Manage receivables balances in line with Johnson Controls
objectives and policies.
• Lead the sales team by building and fostering team
relationships to ensure customer satisfaction; solicit support from and
communicate effectively with JCI staff.
• Own and facilitate the customer relationship; develop
relationships with internal JCI organizations (ie: Solutions, Service, etc) to
ensure customer expectations are met/exceeded.
• Assist in developing team and Branch sales and marketing
plans and strategies; aid in implementing these strategies and action plans.
• Utilize applicable sales tools effectively to plan and
document progress as well as increase penetration of accounts; target new
customers based sound on account management and market strategies. Desired
competencies/behaviors. You take pride in your ability to maintain high levels
of quality, service and productivity. You have a knack for solving complex
problems in a manner that is imaginative, thorough and practical. Customer
service is your priority.
• University degree or equivalent combination of education
and experience. 6 years minimum experience.
• Bachelor’s in business, engineering, or related discipline;
• 5 years related, progressively-responsible field sales
experience; 3 years selling HVAC or building automation systems.
• Demonstrated commitment to integrity and quality in
• Strong interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
• Willingness to travel 50%.
Johnson Controls is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as
a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO
is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application process,
please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.