FleishmanHillard Chicago has an immediate opportunity for a communications specialist with extensive experience in media relations, influencer marketing and consumer programs for major brands, preferably for (but not limited to) food, consumer and sports clients. The Senior Account Executive will play a lead role in developing programs, managing day-to-day account activities and creating earned, digital and social media campaigns. The SAE will work primarily on a major sports brand, with the possibility to work on other consumer focused accounts, and also assist in business development.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in-class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Managing the day-to-day logistics for key clients in the food and nutrition/consumer practice.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of earned media, influencer and social/digital strategies.
- High profile earned media pitching, managing media tours.
- Leading the execution of specific programs within large accounts.
- Writing messaging, pitches and client POVs.
- Collaborating across practice and expertise areas to bring best thinking to clients.
- Developing and managing budgets, staffing, and administrative account needs.
- Researching, planning, and executing events.
- Identifying and working with key influencers and influencer networks.
- Doing research and gathering insights relative to programs and new business.
- Developing client relationships.
- Monitoring and reporting on regular basis.
- 3-5 years of experience in public relations, journalism or a similar field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in strategic communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field.
- Consumer brand sports experience (amateur, collegiate, or professional) and an engaged/active interest in sports is highly preferred.
- Experience and understanding of consumer brands food industry and issues, as well as knowledge of consumer communications highly preferred.
- Versatile, persuasive writing skills and experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans, client correspondence, plan and program development and media communications.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing results-oriented communications programs and providing high-quality service to demanding clients.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to incorporate social and digital media into integrated communications strategies.
- Ability to develop and manage project timelines and corresponding project budgets.
- Proactive communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to change priorities against changing client and team needs.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered. If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.