Position Overview & Responsibilities
TogoRun is an award-winning global integrated communications agency focused on health and well-being that has most recently been recognized with two 2019 PRSA-LA PRISM Awards for Integrated Communications and Diversity Communications for Consumer Products, a 2019 SABRE Award for PR Agency Citizenship, and a 2018 SABRE Award for Best Global Campaign.
We are seeking a public relations specialist who is passionate about healthcare and well-being, and looking for an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, innovative environment alongside team members who are the best in the business.
With offices in NY, Washington, DC, Boston, and Los Angeles and a diverse portfolio of blue-chip accounts and nimble start-ups, TogoRun works with pharmaceutical/biotechnology, medical device and technology, consumer health and beauty/skin care companies, as well as advocacy and non-profit groups.
Our growth has been driven by a singular commitment to exemplary client service, backed by award-winning strategy and creativity, in-depth healthcare knowledge, cross-spectrum communications expertise, superb business results for our clients, and a culture of passion, hard work, and fun. These tenets, combined with seasoned staff and globally recognized clients, continue to propel TogoRun’s growth and success.
TogoRun’s Washington D.C. office has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive role to support a global pharmaceutical client specializing in chronic disease.
- Assist with day-to-day account management, supporting on larger initiatives and overseeing specific projects A to Z
- Support senior team members in creating strategic project plans designed to accomplish client goals
- Help to organize multiple initiatives designed to elevate disease awareness and support a community call-to-action
- Support development of high-quality content for a variety of communications platforms, such as press releases, social content and marketing materials
- Support earned and paid media programs, contributing to strategy and execution; demonstrate solid understanding of media relations process
- Assist in outreach to media and online influencers on behalf of clients to place stories; build relationships with reporters in industry space for future opportunities
- Contribute to third-party initiatives with patient groups, medical societies and other non-profits
- Assist with event planning, creation and management
- Liaise with and manage vendors
- Manage other team members and interns
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and partners, taking care to inspire confidence in both you and the team
- Maintain project trackers, and assist with billing
- Support business development efforts for TogoRun
- Participate in TogoRun internal initiatives to promote a strong culture and to further highlight agency’s expertise, integrated approach and client service model
- 3-5 years of public relations experience (public relations agency experience a plus)
- Aptitude for project management, including, on a day-to-day basis, ability to quickly connect the dots, assess ongoing opportunities or threats and bring a high level of detail and ownership to every task
- Excellent writing/editing skills required (examples required)
- Media relations skills (established work in this area a plus)
- Strong social media capabilities
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks without sacrificing quality
- Enjoy taking on ever-increasing responsibility, with a desire to grow your impact on both your account and the team
- Pharmaceutical communications and a strong interest in science a plus
TogoRun is an award-winning global integrated communications agency focused on health and well-being with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Washington, D.C. The agency’s client roster includes many of the world’s leading pharma/biotech, health tech, provider, non-profit and medical aesthetics/beauty companies. TogoRun is a wholly owned subsidiary of Omnicom, and a sister agency to FleishmanHillard with access to both Omnicom’s and Fleishman’s extensive international network of strategic communications, marketing and public policy advisors. For more information, visit www.TogoRun.com.
TogoRun is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V and mandates equal pay for equal work.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.