Our Client, The Grupe Company is seeking to hire a Senior Accountant / Project Manager. Reporting to the Controller you will assist in various finance and accounting functions. Primarily, the Senior Accountant is responsible for accounting, tax, and reporting for Grupe Company corporate records and development deals. This is a demanding position in a fast-paced environment and best suited for a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and multi-task effectively. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, willing to take initiative and capable of working cooperatively in a team setting. The right candidate will demonstrate strong intellectual curiosity and creativity in problem-solving.
About our Client, Grupe Company
Since 1966 and for more than five decades, the experience and creativity of the Grupe team have significantly contributed to the American standard of living. Whether it’s helping to place families in homes, enhancing the energy efficiency of homes, crafting beautiful lasting residential communities, creating and managing commercial properties, or the choice Gold Country resort destination, the Grupe name is your assurance of a superior quality of life.
The Grupe Company is a master of planning and innovation. In our quest to build legacy communities of enduring value, we look for ways to create living environments of extraordinary beauty. Our communities incorporate that which is unique. In more than 12 master-planned communities, the company has created more than 50,000 homes in 35 cities nationwide, established more than 400 acres of lakes, preserved wildlife habitat areas and open spaces, created more than 200 parks and 20 miles of trails, and planted more than 500,000 trees. This creative approach translates into places people love to live – year after year, decade after decade.
About the Job Opportunity
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the accounting team to timely close the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Reviews financial reports in collaboration with Project Developers, Property Supervisors, Asset Management, Controller and CFO in preparation of issuing reports internally and to outside third parties. Works with these parties to investigate variances and provide explanations for variances.
- Assist Controller to prepare corporate financial statements and other reports
- Assist with the process related to new acquisitions and dispositions, including transaction accounting and interfacing with escrow, legal and other third-party providers.
- Lead the creation, implementation and adherence of internal controls and maintenance, streamline processes within the accounting department.
- Review financial packages in detail prepared by staff accountant(s).
- Ensure timely and accurate financial information to ensure effective control of projects and sound financial decisions.
- Analyze revenue and capital expenditures
- Maintain fixed addition and dispositions schedule
- Responsible to prepare quarterly project financial statements for investors and banks
- Treasury Management responsibilities including cash projections, wire and check management and creating new bank accounts.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
Experience and Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is strongly preferred or bachelors degree in Finance or Economics
- CPA and Property Accounting experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in Real Estate Accounting, preferable commercial/industrial/retail accounting.
- Extensive Yardi experience and advanced excel skills are required.
- Experience managing at least one other person are a must.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), decision-making, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of PC MS Office applications: Excel, Word. Advanced skills in Excel (lookup, pivot tables) highly desirable.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to adapt fast pace environment
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to summarize complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable deliverables.
- Hard working, motivated individual with ability to organize and balance a multi-faceted workload in an efficient manner.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Flexible, creative, well organized.
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to the companies’ goals and philosophy.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance with matching AD&D coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) matching
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Monday to Friday, Full Time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
EEO Policy Statement: Grupe Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Grupe Company is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of staff or in the provision of its employment benefits to its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.