Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.
As a part of Filtration Group, the fastest growing Filtration Company in the world, Porex is the established global leader in one-of-a-kind solutions for the healthcare, consumer, and industrial markets. Our stated mission is to make the world Safer, Healthier, and More Productive. We have a unique ‘non-corporate’ culture that values a Bias for Action, Trust and an entrepreneurial mindset. We value team players that are focused on development of talent across our Company.
We are seeking a unique individual to lead our financial and operational improvement plans. The Sr. Accountant – America’s will have direct interaction with the leadership team at all levels of the organization. This role will rely heavily on world-class analytical capabilities and business acumen coupled with an ability to quickly develop and help implement identified improvement opportunities. We expect this role to have a continuous improvement mindset and to help drive this culture throughout the organization. At FG we run towards problems and opportunities to drive business results. This position has broad responsibilities for supporting the preparation and distribution of accurate and reliable financial information across the organization. This role is expected to provide timely insights as to the business and drive efficiency in the accounting close. This role will have exposure to budgeting, forecasting and our financial review process during non-peak periods.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Generate, analyze, review and communicate financial data actual, prior and budget.
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to help predict future revenue and expenses.
- Lead the month end financial close for the 3 facilities in the America’s.
- Drive operating cash flow initiatives with the Director of Financial Operations.
- Assist with budgeting and planning consolidation annually.
- Support the consolidation and reporting for our global organization.
- Participate in and/or lead ad hoc projects.
- Assist with related special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with focus on budgeting/forecasting/financial modelling.
- Advanced financial degrees/designations (CPA, CFA, MBA) are also preferred but not required.
Background and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in roles including, but not limited to:
- Accounting Role at Large Company
- Rotation Program Participants/Graduates
- Financial Auditor
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proactive, strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to lead change in an unstructured environment; relishes working with limited direction and oversight
- Process oriented individual with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Deep understanding of financial statements, financial modeling, and key business performance indicators
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment working across function and business units
- Insatiable curiosity coupled with a strong desire for on-going learning and development
- Confident and self-aware with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze large datasets and develop concise conclusions
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Advanced Excel user (e.g., Pivots, Sumifs, If/thens, vlookups, and other data analysis functions)