Angel Oak Companies is a collective of independent and diversified financial services firms, offering unique and specialized fixed-income expertise. Working with institutions and individual investors, we deliver asset management, lending and consulting services, focused on finding new opportunities and better solutions. Our experienced investment team seeks the best opportunities in fixed income with a specialization in mortgage-backed securities, other areas of structured credit, and corporate credit. A highly entrepreneurial organization that embraces a strong service-based culture, Angel Oak was named a Top 150 Workplace by the Atlanta Journal Constitution the past four years. We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team.
Position Overview: Responsible for all general accounting functions for Angel Oak lending companies in the Angel Oak group of companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in corporate accounting
- Must be able to work independently, bringing ability to think beyond the basic to tasks
- Demonstrated ability to bring accounting knowledge and experience to understanding business needs, bring solutions and think strategically.
- Strong, organizational skill set required
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Motivated, self-starter with strong ability to follow detailed instructions
- Be able to operate effectively and efficiently in an environment with numerous deadlines and demands
- Strong communication skills; must be able to communicate with customers, subordinates, peers, senior managers
- Expertise in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to maintain privacy standards of sensitive information
- Must be able to maintain an amiable, team spirit attitude at all times
- Experience working in a mortgage company financial department
- Experience extracting data from loan origination system
Angel Oak Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.