Norfolk Southern is one of the nation's premier transportation companies specializing in freight railroading. We operate approximately 21,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serve every major container port in the eastern United States, and provide efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern has the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal and industrial products.
We are a team of more than 28,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation". As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Requisition ID : 11048
Performs accounting, reporting and reconciliation of various account balances as well as internal and external financial reporting and financial statement analysis.
- Develops routine and non-routine journal entries.
- Participates in the monthly closing process and provides monthly reports to support the financial statements.
- Performs subsidiary company reporting and equity accounting.
- Prepares bank reconciliations for certain large accounts & reviews bank reconciliations of other accounts.
- Coordinates multi-departmental escheatment processes to report and remit unclaimed property.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 2-4 years
Preferred Level: 3-5 years
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree (BBA)
Licenses / Certifications: Required: None listed Preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- MS Excel/Spreadsheets
- MS Word/Word Processing
- Assistant Manager Accounting
NOTE: This position will be based out of Norfolk, Virginia until June, 2019 and then relocate to Atlanta, Georgia in the summer of 2019.
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per Month,
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta