PBMares is a leading accounting and business consulting firm serving the Mid Atlantic, as well as specialty areas nationwide and internationally. With over 270 employees in Virginia and Maryland, we are a full-service accounting and advisory firm with a strong reputation for integrity and ethical leadership. We are also a firm that has experienced uninterrupted growth throughout our 50-year history. In 2018, we earned the honor of being named as one of the nation�s Top 100 accounting firms by INSIDE Public Accounting, the leading public accounting publication. With so much to offer professionals at all experience levels, PBMares is one firm you definitely want to get to know when you are ready to move forward in your career.
We are in search of a Senior Accountant (Audit) to join our growing team. This role will be based in Baltimore, MD and is a technical position which requires a sound working knowledge of fundamental auditing procedures.
- Applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare accurate workpapers for accounting and auditing engagements under the direct supervision of a partner, manager, or supervisor as assigned
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Learns and upholds the firm�s expectations for work quality and professional development as well as the firm�s cultural and core values
- Follows the progress of engagements and helps to identify and research accounting and auditing issues as assigned
- Mentor and coach staff level co-workers as needed
- Participate in firm-wide initiatives and ongoing education opportunities including CPE development
- BS in Accounting with no less than a 3.0 GPA
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- 150 hours required by the Maryland Board of Accountancy to acquire a CPA license
- Working knowledge of GAAS, GAAP, and other professional standards and regulations
- Displays the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- CPA and/or Master's degree are a plus
Our Firm�s policy is to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirements of sponsorship at any point in the future.