Radiant Global Logistics is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant. This position contributes to Radiant’s success by overseeing the balancing and posting of corporate financial data into the General Ledger in a timely and accurate manner.This position is responsible for participating in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement closes, which includes review and reconciliation of certain general ledger accounts, preparation of journal entries and internal management reporting. Other responsibilities include: 1) participating in process improvement projects, and 2) completing other non-routine assignments as requested by department management.
Specific job requirements include:
- Team with manager on ensuring the accuracy of monthly reporting by overseeing the balancing and posting of corporate financial data from multiple systems into the General Ledger in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare, reconcile, and post complex accounting transactions.
- Prepare lease accounting journal entries, lease account reconciliations, review ongoing lease payments and renewals.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions, dispositions and impairments in the accounting system.
- Analyze and reconcile more complex Balance Sheet accounts, which include identifying and resolving discrepant items.
- Solid understanding of internal controls related to accounting and reporting.Proactive in ensuring adequate internal controls within accounting and working with other functions to ensure adequate controls exist for processes that impact accounting.
- Identify control weaknesses and inefficient processes; initiates, develops, and implements process improvements.
- Offer guidance to other business units regarding GAAP policies.
- Have an excellent understanding of the technical and financial implications of the associated processes and can identify and resolve problems independently.
- Research questions about financial information, and post correcting entries in accordance with GAAP and internal account definitions.
- Be a contact and resource for external auditors; provides and prepares audit schedules, account reconciliations, and supporting documentation.
- Participates in cross divisional general accounting projects. Initiates, develops, and implements process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years accounting experience
- CPA license required
- Industry and public accounting experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience analyzing informational data in an ERP configured system
- Advanced use of Excel worksheets
- Firm understanding of how to apply GAAP to General Ledger accounting and the ability to coach and provide guidance to other accounting staff on more complex accounting principles
- Consistently demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding sensitive employee or company information
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across Radiant for the achievement of business goals
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change, and influences others to change
Radiant Global Logistics is a comprehensive North American provider of third party logistics and multimodal transportation services. As a non-asset provider, with minimal investment in equipment, the company delivers advanced supply chain solutions through a network of company-owned and strategic operating partner locations across North America under the Radiant®, Radiant Wheels™, Radiant Clipper™, On-Time™, Airgroup®, Adcom®, DBA™, Service By Air™, and Highways and Skyways™ network brands.
Our network now extends to over 100 locations across North America. Through its comprehensive service offering, the company provides domestic and international freight forwarding services, truck and rail brokerage services and other value-added supply chain management services, including customs brokerage, order fulfillment, inventory management and warehousing to a diversified account base including manufacturers, distributors and retailers using a network of independent carriers and international agents positioned strategically around the world.
Radiant Global Logistics offers a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees.
Radiant Global Logistics is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.