Talascend is currently seeking a Senior Accountant for a contract opportunity in Centreville, VA
- Assist in the daily operations of the accounting department and participate with monthly closings, maintain subsidiary ledgers and balance sheet schedules along with special projects as needed.
- Compile and analyze financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, review and verify accuracy.
- Prepare financial statements and support schedules according to monthly close plans.
- Prepare forecasts and reports detailing revenues and expenses by cost center.
- Analyze financial statements, investigate, and report variances.
- Corresponds with other departments to ensure proper accounting for revenue, purchases and expenses.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- S. in Business, Accounting or related field.
- 7 years of experience.
- Government contracting and Excel experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Familiar with familiar with GSC (ERP system).