Health Advocates is seeking an enthusiastic and self-starting Senior Accountant to oversee staff of 2 and help support financial operations and the Company’s growth. The position will be based at the Company’s headquarters in Chatsworth, CA.
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Accountant’s primary responsibility will be to ensure that all accounting operations and deliverables are processed in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. The Senior Accountant will also seek out opportunities to improve systems, streamline processes, and collaborate with all employees to improve overall operations.
- Oversee timely and accurate end-to-end financial reporting.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, fixed asset records, and payroll (ADP).
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by maintaining controls and checks across all departments.
- Prepare periodic regulatory and tax filings.
- Regularly find opportunities to improve accounting processes to increase efficiencies.
- Maintain process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle, as well as the continued development and documentation of our accounting policies and procedures.
- Cultivate internal relations at all levels by providing support and working cross-functionally across departments.
- Interface with outside banks and lessors and casualty/liability insurance agent, and credit card companies.
- Supervisory responsibility to manage, train, and evaluate staff.
- Perform various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license and/or public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4-6 years of accounting experience; health care industry experience strongly preferred
- Possess in-depth knowledge of GAAP accounting rules to properly record entries
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, and estimates
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting software
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Must be inquisitive and able to solve problems creatively
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills required
- Self-starter with ability to work independently; unafraid to ask questions
- Dedication to collaboration, process improvement and innovation
- Effective in researching and recommending policies and procedures to all levels of management
- High level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm and confidentiality
- Must pass background check
Pay Rate: Depends on Experience
Position Type: Full-time; Exempt
Schedule: Alternative Work Week Schedule - Mon-Thurs 7:30 am- 5 pm & Fri 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
Health Advocates offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of today's employees. They include: Healthcare and Insurance Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program, Credit Union, Rideshare Incentives, Employee Referral Program, Vacation/Holiday/Sick Leave and other time off.
Founded in 1990, Health Advocates is the largest privately funded public advocacy company in California providing Eligibility and Recovery services to California public health systems, private hospitals, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and individuals. We are dedicated to identifying medical coverage from third-party sources such as Medi-Cal, Social Security (SSI/SSDI), and other health insurance programs to minimize uncompensated care to the benefit of both our clients and the patients and applicants they serve. Our success is born from a very unique blend of resources, expertise, and an unwavering determination to identify coverage and recovery solutions on behalf of patients that simply have no ability to pay their increasing financial healthcare debts. Innovation and compassion are integral to Health Advocates’ identity and these attributes have historically served our clients very well. We are proud of our past, excited about our future, and confident of our continued success.
This position requires access to confidential protected health information (PHI). Our employees are expected to protect the privacy of all PHI in accordance with Health Advocates’ privacy policies and procedures and as required by state and federal law including but not limited to the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rule.
21540 Plummer Street, Suite B
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 995-9500 p
(818) 995-6872 f
Health Advocates is an equal opportunity employer. We believe all of our employees should be treated fairly, consistently, and with dignity and respect. Our goal is to maintain a satisfied and productive team of employees. The keys to reaching that goal are effective leadership, fair and competitive wages and benefits, dedication to the job, and close attention to employee relations matters.