Wyman-Gordon Forgings, located in Cleveland, OH, forges a variety of parts such as valves, fittings, fuel system components, and various other industrial products, using materials ranging from standard carbon steel to exotic alloys. Founded in 1919, the former Drop Dies and Forgings Company was acquired by Wyman-Gordon parent company, Precision Castparts Corp., in December 2000. Wyman Gordon is a division of Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), a Berkshire Hathaway Company.Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing various financial accounting tasks required in connection with closing processes, maintaining various accruals, performing financial analysis, forecasting, and reporting and reconciling various accounts as well as overseeing and managing the accounts receivable and billing function. In addition, this person will oversee and coordinate the Cleveland Plant Sox testing program using the Archer tool.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weekly Closing Process
- Payroll Accounting
- Prepare selected Tax Returns/Tax information
- Reconcile Inter Company accounts with Division
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Supervise Accounts Receivable/Billing process
- Credit Memo process
- Calculate Non-Payroll Accruals
- Generate Weekly Fixed/SG&A report
- Monthly/Quarterly Sales/Accounts Payable Cutoff Process
- Fixed Assets / Capital Appropriations
- Various Account Reconciliations
- Direct and coordinate the Sox Testing function
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and the accounting close process
- Experienced at performing account reconciliations and providing sufficient supporting documentation
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work with ERP systems and financial reporting tools and strong skills utilizing MS Excel
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization and strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive communicator who establishes and communicates clear priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting with demonstrated progression
- BA/BS in Accounting or Business Administration (Accounting Emphasis)
- CPA, MBA a plus
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Please apply at: https://careers.precast.com/career-areas/
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.