Lucky Chances Casino is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Team!
The position will perform audits and assists with assessment of the control environment, accuracy of financial records, and effectiveness of operations of the several departments. Primary job functions of this position do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Assist Senior Auditor to review company operations and to evaluate their efficiency effectiveness and compliance to ensure that internal controls are adequate to protect against fraud and waste. This position works under immediate supervision.
- Audits the accounting and financial data of various departments within the organization to ensure accuracy and compliance with government guidelines and laws.
- Performs reconciliation duties for any discrepancies and support to other internal and external Auditors
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Diagnose operational risks and identify opportunities, prepare reports of findings and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Development close but independent working relationships with management in all areas.
- In order to improve performance, work to understand the symptoms and identify the problems.
- Recommend and develop solutions to the problem. In the course of preparing recommendations, taking into account the nature of the organizations, the relationship it has with others in the industry, and its internal organization and culture.
- Upon conclusion of the recommendation and approval by management, works with others in the organization to ensure the plan’s successful implementation by providing functional advice and guidance.
- Identifies improper accounting or documentation and researches issues and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures.
- Works with staff to assure all output and material achieve quality goals. This will include leveraging your relationship building skills and command of quality processes.
- Assist in the processing and generation of Payroll.
- Responsible for overseeing corporate cash accounts ensuring all cash drops are deposited in tact and accurately recorded; and monitors cage department financials.
- Analyze, verify and may prepare financial reports/statements, accounts & expenditure/revenue records.
- Assist with the preparation of accounting and management control reports.
- Handle assets transfers among activities.
- Organize, direct, and control the retention of historical accounting and legal records, ensuring that all information is safely stored and available on short notice.
- Other duties as assigned.
Internal: Interacts with Shift Managers, Departmental Managers, Officers, Payroll, Accounting, HR and Cage staff and all staff.
External: Outside Auditors and government representatives.
- Bachelor of Science Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Strong mathematical aptitude with ability to analyze, compares, and interpret facts and figures quickly. Computer literate, proficiency in accounting and auditing computer software is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Computer literate, proficiency in accounting and auditing computer software is a plus.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices as well as skills in analyzing accounts and transactions and maintaining the general ledger.
- Must possess proficient computer skills.
- Able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Ability to ensure accuracy with highly confidential materials.
- Able to work independently from general instructions.
- Must possess analytical skills and able to get along with a wide range of people.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to use good judgment and possess strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of Excel program, Data Analysis and interpretation.
- Capable of performing risk assessment and identifying key controllable business and financial risks.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, payroll reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquires from regulatory agencies. Ability to write in a prescribed style and format. Able to read documents and computer screens. Requires close and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Able to work with a computer and other office equipment and focus attention on detail for accuracy.
Lucky Chances Casino offers only full-time positions, medical, dental, vision, and 401k retirement benefits. Applicant must be over the age of 21 years old, able to pass a background check with Colma Police Department and obtain a Key Employee License from the Bureau of Gambling Control Commission.
It is the policy of Lucky Chances Casino to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lucky Chances Casino will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.