As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutionsin all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New temporary project opportunity for a Sr. Corporate Accountant based in Billerica MA. A key member of the Finance Business Support Center, the SeniorAccountant isresponsible for the performance of daily, monthly and quarterly accounting functions. These accounting functions include, but are not limited to,reviewing general ledger activity, approving balance sheet account reconciliationsand oversight of the monthly financial reporting results.
- Key member of the regional finance team working with the Senior Manager ofGeneral Accounting to streamline and shorten the close and reporting cycle.
- A key contributor of the monthly and quarterly closing and consolidation process. Identifies ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of consolidation and external financial reporting and leads process improvement initiatives.
- Reporting of American legal entitiesfor the actual, budget, and forecast purposes. Maintains the consolidation Analyzes monthly legal entityfinancial statements and other related correspondence included in financial data.
- Work closely with the Business, Bruker Controlling, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Reporting and Planning functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger and consolidation system.
- Coordinate and prepare the supporting financial and statistical data utilized in the: Annual Report; SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings, cash flow statements, quarterly Board of Directors package, flux analyses and financial reports to shareholders and investors; and monthly financial reporting package.
- Work effectively across the company’s functional organizations. Promotes effective lateral communication and coordination across groups, both internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
- Ensure that all reports comply with applicable FASB and SEC regulations, professional standards, and organization policies. Prepares and assists applicable government reports.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual audit of the consolidated financial information with both internal andexternal auditors.
- Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by management and further improves the quality of information collected in the month-end closing process.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance required. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 4-6years of Big 4 public accounting work experience preferred.
- Expert current knowledge of US GAAP accounting and auditing standards, regulatory requirements, and company accounting policies and practices.
- Strong business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills that generate business insights that add measurable value. Knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best-practices relating to position responsibilities.
- Experience with SAP and BPC (consolidated financial system) preferred and with both internal and external financial reporting and consolidated financial analysis.
- Excellent at workload prioritization, resource management, and project management. Develops and manages processes that are effective and efficient.
- Adaptive professional with demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives.
- Maintains positive and effective working relationships across the company, at the divisional, functional, and corporate level
- Highest standards of business ethics, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance withexport control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine theireligibility in light of export control restrictions.