- Dallas/Fort Worth Metro
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Shared Services team at our state-of-the art headquarters in Las Colinas. The role is responsible for executing and managing select accounting activities performed by the Regional Hub on behalf of Business Units served. The activities include month end close, journal entry and account reconciliation preparation, variance analysis, and internal reporting. This role serves both as an escalation point for queries from the Business Process Service Provider as well as 1st level responses and coordination with Business Units served.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for coordinating with the service provider to ensure accurate execution of transactions related to month end close. This includes reviewing transactions / backup or analyses, fielding questions or providing context, and identifying risks impacting variance analysis and internal reporting. The Senior Accountant will also work frequently with a global team to drive results and serve as the initial point of contact between the Business Units and any issues raised related to transactions performed by either the Regional Hub or the Service Provider. This will require strong communication skills necessary to support multiple internal customers This also includes facilitation of direct communications between the Service Provider and BU.
Perform month end tasks (perform journal entries to be completed on site, coordinate with the Service Provider and manage preliminary escalations).
- Perform high risk JEs and review select JEs prepared by the Service Provider
- Ensure JEs are completed in a timely manner during close
- Perform or review high risk account reconciliations
- Ensure reserves are adequate and in accordance with GAAP
- Handle escalations from the Service Provider requiring direct interaction with the Distribution Centers for data, validation, clarifications, etc.
- Escalate any significant changes to Senior Manager and/or Director
Coordinate with service providers to ensure quality service delivery and mitigate risks
- Provide feedback on service provider delivery and coordinate with other departments and business units to provide additional feedback as necessary
- Review and research escalations raised by service providers
Monitor control effectiveness
- Oversee the activities of internal controls.
- Ensure the effectiveness of policies, procedures, techniques, and mechanisms actions taken to minimize risk
- Evaluate recommendations from others and identify opportunities for improvement in McKesson controls process
Report to external auditors
- Responsible for overseeing the process of compiling summaries of financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements and US GAAP requirements
Remediate control deficiencies
- Take corrective measures for policies, procedures, techniques, and mechanism actions taken to minimize risk.
- Communicate control deficiencies and proposed resolution to senior manager / director level
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience required
- Experience with SAP, JDE or large ERP system
- MS Access/SQL or other database experience is required
- Experience working with a third party vendor
- Experience working with a global team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience
- Advanced accounting degree preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage and influence multi-level staff up to executive management
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP principles and internal control environments
- Public Accounting experience is preferred, not required
- Proven ability to recognize best practices and process improvements
- Strong experience creating and analyzing large amounts of data
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel (v-lookups, pivots, functions)