Senior Accountant - Dayton (45424) - Property Management
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed Midwest-based real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. We own or manage over 4,000+ SFRH assets in 3 states and 4 major Midwestern cities. Additionally,
We are currently seeking a qualifiedSenior Accountant in the finance department to help ensure the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization. We are seeking a candidate who desires a long-term career opportunity with a successful company in the residential services industry.
Tasks-Duties-Responsibilities for this position.
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Reviews records of accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Uses systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Follows policy and procedures documents for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Supports the completion of financial period closings within established deadlines.
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts
- Assists in year-end audit preparation.
- Performs intuitive ad-hoc reporting as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MinimumQualifications (Knowledge,Skills andAbilities)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience.
- 2 years' ofcorporate accounting experience.
- Data entry skills
- Strong Mathematics
- Time Management skills
- Experience using accounting software.
- Accounting and Reconciliation Skills.
- Intermediate or Better Excel Skills
- Ethical Conduct.
- Performs with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Common Sense
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience using YARDI accounting software is a plus but not required
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Criminal Background Check.
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities.We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to any status protected by federal, state or local law.