A privately traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), located in Del Mar, CA, is seeking to grow its accounting department by bringing on an additional Senior Accountant. In this role, you will prepare month-end close and consolidation, handle accounting for various real estate construction projects, as well as documenting and implementing best practice policies and procedures and various accounting related duties.
- Facilitate and complete monthly and year-end close procedures for corporate entities and consolidation.
- Assist in preparing financial statements and reporting packages.
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits including preparation of workpapers and supporting documentation.
- Implement and document best practice policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Develop, document, implement, and maintain construction management processes, including setting up projects (jobs), budgets, job costs, cost codes, contracts, change orders, purchase orders, and various construction progress reports.
- Analyze and review construction status, budget to actual comparisons and cash flow with management.
- Work with Construction and Property Management departments on month-end reporting and accruals for accounting.
- Assist with other ad hoc accounting duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- A minimum 5 years of real estate accounting experience is required.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Yardi software experience is preferred.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs: Excel, Word and Powerpoint.