Requisition ID: 31031
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Senior Accountant - External Reporting
The Senior Accountant is a key member of the External Reporting team within the Corporate Controller function and will work closely with teams across Whirlpool including:
- Internal Reporting
- Policies and Procedures
- Corporate and Regional Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Investor Relations
- Regional Finance
- Operational Finance
- Other business leaders
This role interacts with the stakeholders above in the preparation of external financial reporting requirements (SEC filings and earnings release), operational reporting, statutory financial statements and Board and Audit Committee materials.
This role also works closely with teams outside Whirlpool including the external auditors and valuation experts.
This role is expected to drive and deliver process improvements related to workflow, analytics, reporting and communications, with a focus on SEC filings and operational reporting.
- Prepare external financial reporting filings, including quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings (Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Annual Report, Proxy Statement, etc.)
- Coordinate regional requests that support the preparation of quarterly and annual external financial reporting materials
- Prepare and review Corporate Controller's plan on a quarterly basis
- Lead the preparation of the not-for-profit financial statements and facilitate execution of the external audit
- Prepare quarterly and ad hoc financial schedules and analyses
- Assist with technical accounting research
- Assist with the preparation of Board and Audit Committee materials
- Ensure SOX 404 and internal control compliance standards are maintained
- Recommend and implement process enhancements and efficiencies around general accounting practices and procedures
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management or Business
- 3+ years work experience in finance or accounting
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Experience with Wdesk, XBRL and SAP
- Knowledge of SEC reporting / GAAP
- Ability to solve complex business problems
- Strong communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Ability to influence or lead others
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
- Demonstrated thought leadership, extraordinary results, strategy execution and teamwork skills
- Global mindset to thrive in a diverse culture and environment
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: ERP, Social Media, Outside Sales, SAP, Project Manager, Marketing, Technology, Sales