Senior Accountant - Grants (Temp to Perm)
The Senior Accountant - Grants, reporting directly to the Director of Finance, is primarily responsible for management of federal, state and city as well as private and foundation grants. This position is also responsible for maintaining timely and accurate agency financial records in accordance with standard fiscal practices and requirements of funders.
- Management of a portfolio of government as well as private and foundation grants
- Work closely with program management on program, budgets, modifications and other financial requests
- Timely preparation and submission of periodic vouchers and expenditure reports.
- Monthly analysis of Trial Balance/General Ledger and perform adjustments as needed.
- Review payment requests for assigned contracts to ensure budget supports expenses
- Preparation of materials for program and agency-wide audits; assist in preparation of quarterly board reports
- Perform additional duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and a minimum of three years of work experience in grants management
- Experience with federal, state, and city grant administration and accounting
- Thorough understanding of OMB Uniform Guidance
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel skills; experience with Intacct a plus
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented, excellent communication (oral and written) and analytical skills; highly accurate
- Ability to analyze financial reports an making recommendations
- Ability to be flexible and to adjust work schedule to reflect varying accounting deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills; able to multi-task, strong follow-through skills and detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of accounting software programs (Intacct experience preferred)