US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 8,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 30 companies and have expanded to more than 260 locations serving 32 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as a Senior Accountant:
- Responsible for performing all daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting functions for all assigned areas as well as financial closings, audit preparation and other special projects
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries as needed
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Liaise with other accounting staff at Corporate or at operating companies
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure that procedures are applied consistently
- Execution of routine or ad hoc reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Responsible for reviewing work of others within the department or from the company�s divisions
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Accounting degree required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Public Company experience preferred
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills � both verbally and written
- Must be comfortable working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment