Senior Accountant (Payroll) - Piedmont Healthcare Corporate
Responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by researching accounting issues for
compliance and by establishing quality control over financial transaction and financial reporting.
1. Prepare and analyze complex financial reports and records.
2. Prepare and review journal entries which may include, but is not limited to, accounting for Revenue
Cycle; contractual allowances and bad debts; allocations; leases; and physician guarantees.
3. Perform periodic reconciliations of complex balance sheet and income statement accounts in
accordance with Piedmont Healthcare policies and procedures.
4. Perform variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations.
5. Participate in internal and external audit requests.
6. Document and monitor internal controls in support of auditing team.
7. Coordinate complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and
finance team or with other departments.
8. Participate in the month-end financial close process.
9. Complete and maintain information for governmental, industry, and regulatory filings.
10. Understand the impact of the accounting department’s activities, decisions, and accounting treatment
on the financial information used by the organization.
11. Maintain key relationships with entity Finance staff to ensure integration and alignment with policies,procedures, and strategies.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of progressive work experience in an Accounting role, preferably in a multi-entity healthcareprovider environmentORTwo (2) years of Public Accounting experience.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Master’s degree in Accounting or closely related field preferred.
CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Possesses an understanding of the role of a centralized Accounting function and its
interdependencies with other processes and stakeholders.
• Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels both verbally and in-writing.
• Demonstrates strong problem solving, project management, teamwork, and organizational skills.
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills
required of personnel so classified.
Job Field: Accounting/Finance
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta-2727 Paces Ferry Rd
Organization: Piedmont Healthcare Corporate
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2019, 4:45:49 PM