Northstar Senior Living is a nationwide provider of management services in the growing senior living industry. The accounting office, which handles the accounting for multiple locations throughout the country is in beautiful Redding, California. The Senior Accountant reports to the CFO and has the responsibility for the monthly closings and reports for NorthStar’s locations. In support of this effort, the Senior Accountant will also provide regular guidance, training decision making and leadership to the accounting team.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with monthly closing processes. They will have knowledge of GAAP and production accounting procedures. The position is hands-on with the ability to respond to procedural and analytical questions as well as organize accounting workflow for multiple entities. Must be a self-starter.
- Prepares the monthly accounting for multiple entities including balance sheet review, reconciliations, closing entries and reporting.
- Works with accounting team to set goals and objectives for monthly production.
- Handles questions on accounting procedures and reporting
- 5 years of direct accounting experience in a large or multi-entity setting
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or extensive equivalent experience CPA preferred
- Good organization and communication skills