Kymeta is Making Mobile Global. Come help us change the world.
At Kymeta we’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of where you sit in our organization.
Satellite communications can transform modern day communications as we know it and brings safety, security and new benefits to first responders, the military and to customers globally.
When you really need to be continuously connected - people depend on Kymeta. Because when lives and property matter, good isn’t good enough.
Kymeta has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Accountant within our Finance and Accounting Team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and support key accounting function and management of accounting and controls, and ensure that the monthly and annual financial, regulatory and management reporting is completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP. The Senior Accountant will engage with key vendor partners including external auditors, third-party tax professionals, banking partners, and other third-party service providers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical and operational support for accounting, controls, compliance, and reporting.
- Build and enhance key reporting and reconciliations for consolidated level financial close processes, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, fixed asset management, financial reporting.
- Ensure efficient, effective execution of transactions as well as compliance with the company’s policies in these areas.
- Research and author technical memos for accounting policies.
- Support the external auditor’s annual audit.
- Responsible for consolidation process – consolidating entries and reconciliation of intercompany balances
- Prepare Investor reporting packages, calculate and prepare stock compensation expense
- Support for the company’s federal, state, and local tax compliance
- Provide key testing and input for the design and implementation of additional functionality with Oracle Fusion.
- Ensure accounting systems and business tools are maintained.
- Ad hoc accounting and finance projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 years of public and private industry accounting related experience; industry experience in SaaS technology sector preferred.
- CPA or equivalent preferred. Big 4 or public accounting background preferred.
- Strong experience in financial reporting, technical accounting research, and implementation of business process improvement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating financial reporting processes that can collect, segregate, and allocate expenses to ensure accurate financial results.
- A proven track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives. Experience with implementation of Oracle or other accounting system implementations strongly preferred.
- Expertise in financial, equity, and payroll software.
- General inventory and production environment experience
- Tax administration and compliance experience (Federal, State, Local, Direct/Indirect)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to:
- Provide leadership for projects and teams
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; developing alternative solutions.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Make timely decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Proficient in Excel, ad hoc analysis.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
As part of our hiring process we request that all applicants complete the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment by clicking on this link:Link.The assessment will take ~5-10 minutes
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.