Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it’s transforming tax. Soon, tax enforcement will be part of every business process - and every transaction. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can't keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax. The Sovos Intelligent Compliance Cloud Is the first complete solution for modern tax, combining tax determination, e-Invoicing compliance and tax reporting on Sovos' reliable, scalable and secure S1 Platform.
But we can't build that future alone.We need talented, driven, career-minded, fun people that want to be part of a journey that few have been on before… because nobody else has done what we are doing.
Who are you?
You like the technical side of accounting.You like figuring out the how and why of the numbers.You're not scared to use your voice.You'll be speaking to Executive and Board Members regularly (they aren't scary, here!).You'll be working with key members of the finance, corporate development and legal teams.And yeah, you'll do some of the more boring things (audits and making sure that we are in full compliance with external standards, for Instance) but that will be far outweighed by the unique project-based nature of this position.
The Work You'll Do:
- Prepare reporting and consolidation to Internal and external stakeholders (read, CEO and Board Members)
- Research technical accounting matters and assist In the preparation of technical accounting white papers
- Oversight of Internal control environment Including documentation and support of key controls
- Act as ERP system administrator
- Ad-hoc special projects Including system Improvement Initiatives
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor's Degree In Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of progressive professional experience with technical accounting, research and reporting - public accounting and/or software Industry experience preferred
- Experience with foreign currency and consolidations
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Strong Excel skills
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that almost 30% of our employees experienced a promotion or job change In FY2018?That can happen because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs In place to make sure of it, including:
- Mentoring Programs
- Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
- Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
- Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder - we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- MyTime flexible time off (no worrying about accruing time or running out of sick days - If you need time off, take It!)
- Paid family leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous 401k match
- Progressive Wellness Program
- Company seeded and matched Health Savings Account (HSA)
The challenge of working in an emerging market and solving complex problems for our clients is a large one. Businesses are struggling to keep up with the pace, volume, and complexity of regulatory requirements. In fact, 45% of CFOs say compliance is their “biggest growth challenge.” That is why over half of the Fortune 500 counts on Sovos to solve their complex business-to-government compliance challenges. Our employees work on meaningful and engaging projects that make a tangible impact on our clients’ success.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply now!
Sovos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative ActionEmployerMinorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled