Full time, Exempt
Summary of essential job functions:
Sallyport is looking to establish a strong Finance and Accounting organization, capable of supporting its projected growth in 2018 and beyond. To support its ambitious strategic plan, Sallyport is seeking a highly qualified Accountant responsible for planning, coordinating, and controlling business administration functions such as general accounting, technical accounting, project accounting, allocation management, rate management, tax, office and general services, and financial analysis at all organizational levels, including foreign (OCONUS) and domestic field projects.
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of something special; we work in an industry that can make an impact in our world
- Position will be located in Reston, VA and will be supporting mostly OCONUS programs
- Excellent culture, we support each other's growth and success
What you will be doing?
- This position will report directly to the Assistant Controller. As part of the finance team, the Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with several month-end close procedures and tasks including preparing adjusting journal entries, account reconciliations, fixed asset processing, and intercompany transactions.
- Be responsible for monthly balance sheet account reconciliations that include cash, accounts receivable, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, payroll liabilities, etc.
- Leads the strategic direction for the accounting function including the design and implementation of financial systems
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures by U.S. GAAP
- Support the monthly internal financial reporting process, including analyzing actual versus budget variances and investigating other indirect and direct cost discrepancies
- Assist with the preparation of the divisional quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Support the management of the relationship with the external auditors including discussion of technical accounting issues, policy/ US GAAP interpretations and reviews/audits on a quarterly/annual consolidated financial statements
- Communicate extensively with both domestic and international project managers and business staff to analyze financial information and develop plans and forecast.
- Assist with advising the Business Unit and Programs on contract accounting and financial accounting matters.
- Oversee the Division's financial shared services overseas (OCONUS Ops) and the US which include Payroll, Accounts Payable, Billing, Travel and General Accounting.
- Perform other functions as required.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, Project Accounting, SEC reporting and basic accounting principles is required
- US Government Contracting experience with understanding of FAR/DCAA/DCMA and CAS Compliance knowledge/experience is required
- Experience working in an accounting team that produces monthly financial statements to management
- Strong governance and compliance oversight
- Must have advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications, databases and MS Office (expert level of Excel).
- Business management experience and ability to lead employees in a matrix organization. Must be able to manage, supervise, coach and develop a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to effectively communicate across organizational boundaries, extensive, daily interface with the executive management team, global accounting organizations. Ability to work with multiple functions within the organization Ability to work with Management/Program/Support/Finance Staff to ensure all contract requirements are met
- (e., Operations, Contracts, Procurement, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to perform detail-oriented work are required
Minimum qualifications and education requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business Administration/Finance/Economics
- 5-8 years of progressive finance and accounting experience.
- Must have experience in full cycle accounting areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and cash management
- Experience with ERP software is required
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint required
- MBA or Master's in Finance highly preferred.
- CPA with public accounting experience a plus, but not required
- Experience in a large corporate accounting organization desired
Sallyport is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Sallyport is a global provider of a full spectrum of security and mission support solutions tailored to enable global security and stability operations. With over 2,500 employees, Sallyport offers a comprehensive range of global protective, security and mission support solutions to US Government, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of private and commercial clients.
Sallyport's mission is to consistently deliver high quality services with full integrity and focus on performance excellence to every client on every mission.
Know your Customer | Know your People | Know your Business | Know your Math | No Complacency
"Failure is not an option."