As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated Accountant with a solid systems background. Will work closely with the Senior Finance Manager to ensure accurate and efficient accounting and drive financial reporting directed at supporting Product-line Business partners and international counterparts in a global, dynamic, publicly traded company.
Responsibilities will range from technical accounting and monthly financial reporting to project-driven financial strategy development. Primary duties will be hands-on technical and general accounting, maintain integrity of financial reporting systems and provide analytical support regarding financial statements & general ledger reporting. In addition, proactively identify and drive continuous improvements in accounting processes and accounting quality while leveraging strong systems and analytical skills to support business processes, financial reporting and analytical projects. The ideal candidate will be one who desires a challenging and multi-faceted role with long-term growth and advancement opportunities.
- Maintain integrity of financial reporting systems. Includes a high-level understanding of all general ledger transactions as reported in the financial statements; journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, systems feeds.
- Apply working knowledge of the financial reporting interrelationships between applications in an ERP-like environment including Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, Production Planning and Consolidations.
- Deliver a firm understanding of multi-dimensional, inter-related business environments covering 1) Management reporting at the Cost Center & Profit Center level; 2) Financial analysis for Factory & Sales Offices and 3) Product line, Division & Group consolidations.
- Ensure critical business processes are well understood and documented with appropriate SOX controls in place; Understanding external reporting requirements of a publicly traded company.
- Support Corporate Accounting objectives in areas such as revenue recognition, internal controls and financial reporting.
- Work with financial counterparts across the globe responding to a wide variety of requests for information on financial projects.
- Ensure all fiscal closing duties are completed and financial information accurately reported within a very short month-end close period and deadlines mandated by Corporate Office.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis for business decisions directed at Strategic Forecasting and Planning.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 4 years general accounting work experience within a publicly traded company or audit firm.
- CPA a plus
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment with global customers preferred.
- Strong financial accounting knowledge and skills including revenue recognition and internal controls.
- Advanced computer technology skills including MS Excel and knowledge of ERP flow of data through the general ledger
- Adept in working with ERP systems and the ability to utilize IT infrastructure to meet requirements of internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated the ability to work effectively on cross functional teams.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance withexport control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine theireligibility in light of export control restrictions.