Cryogenic Industries, Inc. (Nikkiso Clean Energy and Industrial Gas Group) is a leading provider of cryogenic pumps, vaporizers, liquefiers, LNG and industrial gas equipment, with over $250M in annual revenue. Cryogenic Industries is a subsidiary of Nikkiso, a public Japanese company with over $1.5B in annual revenue. We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Corporate Finance team. Reporting directly to the CAO/Corporate Controller, the Senior Accountant will be an integral part of the finance team and provide a wide range of experience in consolidated financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, finance, accounting and internal controls in an international environment.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded Senior Accountant to join our finance team. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities for this position will be primarily focused on the monthly consolidated financial reporting required by the internal executive management and Nikkiso. As a Senior Accountant, you will also be responsible for providing internal management and project teams with timely and accurate financial reports and analysis, particularly by product line, market segments, etc. in format required by Nikkiso. Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of general accounting principles (GAAP) is also required for a successful candidate in this position, and a CPA is preferred.
The Senior Accountant will also work closely with the Functional Unit Controllers as needed to document and understand their month-end close process and financial reporting tasks. The Senior Accountant will utilize this knowledge to improve the financial reporting and month-end close consolidation process at the corporate level, including the set-up required to provide product line and market segment level reporting for internal management and Nikkiso.
- Complete month-end consolidated reporting package using IDL (or similar consolidation tool). Reporting to include product line reporting, reporting by market segment, or other metrics as required by internal management or Nikkiso.
- Assist CAO/Corp. Controller with the completion of the monthly financial package, including consolidated results with corresponding charts, financial summaries, variance explanations (vs. Budget, vs. Forecast) and other key metrics (KPIs).
- Conduct month-end close tasks as may be required for Corporate, general accounting functions, balance sheet reconciliations and expense trend analysis.
- Assist and work closely with Functional Unit Controllers in the timely production of monthly financial statements and analysis schedules for internal reporting. Obtain a thorough understanding of their month-end close tasks and financial reporting process which can help to improve the efficiency and timely reporting of their consolidated results to corporate.
- Work with the Functional Unit Controllers to implement GL account structure required for product line and market segment reporting.
- Coordinate and assist with all assigned monthly close tasks.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in the completion of the monthly Percentage of Completion accounting schedule (as applicable for certain entities).
- Prepare annual budgeting, quarterly and monthly forecasting.
- Compile and provide schedules to be used by internal and external auditors in their quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Utilize computer applications to compile, retrieve and summarize accounting information for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of key business drivers.
- Providing operating managers and accounting staff with financial guidance as required to ensure accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP/IFRS.
- Performing research and analysis as required.
- Ensuring compliance with financial guidelines, company policies and Sox internal control requirements.
- Serve as a resource to other departments as needed
- Assist with other monthly financial reporting required by Corporate, Nikkiso and other reporting requests.
- Document processes and procedures
- Tracking KPIs and preparing various financial reports and analysis as requested
- Policy and procedure documentation
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Familiarity with the use of various Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to conduct research and analysis
- Consolidated reporting experience working with a multi-national companies and foreign currencies, including use of consolidation software tools (such as IDL) to consolidate results.
- Thorough understanding of intercompany transactions which require elimination in consolidation.
- Strong Excel competency is required, Advanced Excel preferred
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience
- Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Has the ability to handle multiple high priority projects with accuracy and meet required deadlines
- Delivers quality results in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Goal oriented, high-energy self-starter
- Ability to make involved and varied arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately
- Able to tabulate financial data and compile necessary reports
- Able to work with all departments with professionalism; will work with colleagues at all levels from bookkeepers to operational management to executives
- Must be able to work independently
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is required
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP required, including ASC 606 (new revenue recognition standard).
- Knowledge of IFRS preferred
- 8-10 years business experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred, with full cycle accounting and consolidation experience with multi-companies
- Month-end close process, balance sheet reconciliations and expenses trend experience required
- Exposure to international financial accounting and multi-currency reporting is strongly preferred
- Exposure to various ERP systems is strongly preferred; implementation experience is a definite plus
- Experience with SOX internal control compliance preferred
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills is required
- Skilled at completing and recording complex financial transactions. Able to aid in developing information for financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations
- Self-motivated, hands-on and ability to learn and grow as a business professional
- Highly skilled and proficient in Microsoft Excel with other Microsoft Office applications
- Produces clear, understandable documentation
- High level of organization and ability to manage deadlines and demonstrated ability to consistently manage competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong commitment to providing excellence in client service and a demonstrated ability to produce high quality results
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills required
- High level of ethics & integrity
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be accepted
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Cryogenics Industries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.