Senior Corporate Accountant is for responsible for month end close and financial reporting, taking the lead on managing operation budget, forecast and actuals, researching and implementing new accounting standards. This individual will play an important part in designing and implementing ongoing procedural changes and automation initiatives, in a fast paced environment characterized by strict adherence to tight deadlines and dedication to quality control in all aspects of the process.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will generally be responsible for:
- Prepare and issue monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements as well as monthly, quarterly and annual actual to budget, prior period reporting.
- Drive month end, quarter end and year end closing duties which include ensuring close timeliness and accuracy, account reconciliations, accruals, journal entry preparation/posting and variance analyses.
- Review monthly budget variance reports, research and explain variances.
- Analyze and maintain monthly cash balances and project future cash flow.
- Provide support for the implementation, documentation, and monitoring of internal controls.
- Draft annual financial statements and footnotes in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinates and prepare necessary audit schedules to support footnote disclosure
- Monthly preparation of schedules to support the balance sheet and income recordation
- Prepare schedules/analyses as required for year-end external/internal audits.
- Perform other related duties and departmental coverage as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in accounting from an accredited college or university required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- 3-5 years accounting
- Attains a thorough understanding and application of GAAP.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for working closely with a multitude of internal and external partners.
- Significant Proficiency MS Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point).