Senior Financial Analyst
Do you have strong analytical skills that allow you to perform both detail oriented and big picture thinking? Do you have financial reporting and capital reporting experience? Would you like a career where you can advance your skills and take advantage of new opportunities? If so, this Senior Financial Analyst opportunity could be a great fit for you!
Who We Are: At Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership, and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for compiling the annual financial corporate plan for our companies and reporting quarterly capital model results. You will prepare and analyze complex supporting workpapers, reports, filings, and summarize and communicate observations to Management. Other duties will include ad hoc requests, scenario analysis, and regulatory research.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) or equivalent with 5 years of relevant experience. CPA designation strongly preferred.
- Insurance financial reporting and/or capital reporting experience is preferred.
- Results oriented and possess analytical skills to handle complex processes.
- Statutory and GAAP Accounting knowledge.
- Advanced computer and data base reporting skills. Business Planning and Consolidation reporting (BPC) experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently with occasional direction and in a team environment with other professionals.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Presentation skills preferred.
- Work from our office in West Des Moines, Iowa.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, casual Fridays and teams who know how to have fun. Add to that an onsite wellness facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a cafeteria, and even an onsite medical clinic. Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!
If you're interested in joining a company that appreciates its employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!