Plans and directs all aspects of financial and accounting activities at the facility by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law and SMG policies and procedures.
- Maintains contact with SMG's Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Monitors and projects daily cash flow; reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Reviews all purchasing of capital assets, office supplies and facility supplies.
- Prepares and performs or assists with event settlements.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Develops and implements all financial reporting, including:
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Budget Forecasting, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of Client and external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- Coordinates year-end report of fiscal performance for the General Manager's report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of any new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property and other related procedures and controls.
- Prepares monthly tax filings for City and State (Admissions, Business, Meals, Sales Tax and Vending)
- Performs monthly close process including bank reconciliations, account analyses, and financial reports
- Coordinate and Prepare Payroll for all SMG Richmond Venues as needed
- Assists with Food & Beverage accounting procedures, including but not limited to, Event Settlements, Food Costs Calculations, Vault Reconciliations, Preparing Necessary Reports for the Corporate Office in Compliance with SMG Standards
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
- Works flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Assists in the oversight of Box Office Operations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the Finance Department staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- 5-7 years experience in public accounting and/or financial management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting, experience in budget preparation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work with/maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel; Sage experience is required. ADP Software and ADP Etime experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certifications are required, CPA is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
- Must have the physical ability to maneuver around all areas of the facility at times walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
- Work outside the facility may occasionally be required, may have some exposure to adverse conditions.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours may be required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To apply please visit our Career site here:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact:
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor