VPET USA is the leader in stock and custom PET manufacturing. We create and distribute plastic packaging products, offering a variety of containers and bottles. We continually research and evaluate the latest developments in PET plastics manufacturing in an effort to improve our product quality and operating flexibility while reducing manufacturing costs and environmental impact. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
VPET USA is currently recruiting for a full-time Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to be based out of our Fontana, CA facility. The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will assist the Controller in day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, proficient in Excel and complex ERP systems with excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES,includes the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Posting of accounts payable invoices and follow-up through the approval process
- Preparation of weekly reports to be presented to the Controller
- Resolving payment inquiries with vendors and co-workers
- Use SAP Business 1 to match invoices to payment requests, packing lists, and other applicable documentation for verification prior to payment
- Route invoices within the company to obtain payment approval
- Code invoices to proper accounts Process payments using ACH, wire and other available methods
- Generate and prepare weekly check run
- Reconcile and record monthly credit card statement to transaction support
- Maintain prepaid expense schedules
- Maintain accounts payable accrual schedules
- Prepare schedules of one-time and non-recurring payments
- Perform ad-hoc Excel analysis of expenses as requested by the Controller or CFO
- Assist the Controller on tasks as needed
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent training
- 5-10 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Experience maintaining prepaid expense and accrual schedules, month-end closing and reporting cycles
- Experience with SAP, SAP Business 1, Oracle, EPICOR, NetSuite, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics AX or 365, or some other large ERP software package
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Effective decision-making skills and sound judgement.
- Strong organization and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics.