The Motley Fool’s new start-up business, Millionacres -- whose mission is to help individuals become smarter, happier, and richer through real estate investing-- is seeking an ambitious, relentless, hands-on Senior Acquisition Marketing Manager to launch member acquisition today to fuel growth in the years ahead.
On day 1 in this role, you will be given a high six-to-seven figure marketing budget and the responsibility to build a marketing plan that scales us to tens of thousands of members today, while also building the foundation for hundreds of thousands of members tomorrow. Early success will be met with re-investment and an expanded team built around you.
If that challenge doesn’t excite you enough to change your current plans and come get started right away, then stop reading. This opportunity isn’t right for you.
But if your interest just piqued, and your mind is already buzzing with new ideas, tests and campaigns, and you’re thinking ‘This is the one I’ve been waiting for’…
Then please, allow us to tell you the whole story...
Nearly 27 years ago, Tom and David Gardner founded The Motley Fool to fulfill a simple mission: to help investors unlock the true wealth-building potential of stocks.
Because at the time, investing in stocks was nothing like it is today...
Access to the most powerful research was locked away for Wall Street's wealthiest clients, leaving everyday investors with no choice but to pay insane commissions or buy underperforming mutual funds...
And as a result, Americans barely scratched the surface of the true potential to build wealth with stocks. Just a small fraction — about 15% — of total household wealth was in stocks!
Of course, it didn't have to be that way!
And everything soon changed thanks to the Internet and companies like The Motley Fool that saw its power to level the playing field. Just consider…
- The Motley Fool was born to bring the best research online... Previously that information was hidden away for Wall Street's most wealthy clients or you had to write to companies to get their financials!
- Trading commissions that used to reach 2.5% per trade — sometimes costing thousands — have collapsed to FREE.
- Investors broke away from costly funds and for the first time could easily and strategically invest across the best stocks on their own…
- And making a trade no longer required calling your broker — you could now buy stocks with the click of a button.
Looking at all those advancements... it's easy to see now why the popularity of stock investing exploded during that time.
Which brings us back to Millionacres…
You see, we believe there's a moment in real estate investing today that feels like what happened in 1993.
A new way to build wealth is becoming dramatically more accessible for millions of Americans, and the biggest difference from stocks is... the real estate market is 3X larger than the stock market.
And, it's an asset that exists the world over and has built wealth across thousands of years.
Billionaire Andrew Carnegie once boasted that "90% of the world's millionaires made their fortunes on real estate."
And today, real estate continues to contribute three times more billionaires to the Forbes annual list than any other field or profession.
Over more than 100 years of reliable data, real estate is the one asset class that outperforms stocks, and does it with half the volatility.
More recently, real estate investing has outperformed stocks by more than 2:1 across the 21st century.
And with America's largest cities growing at historic rates... the old rule that has driven returns over all those periods — supply and demand — holds as strong as ever.
Yet for all the obvious benefits of real estate, we believe far too few Americans have a strategy in the space that rivals their stock portfolios.
The reason is simple...
Much like stock investing at the time The Motley Fool was founded, building true wealth from real estate has simply been inaccessible to most investors.
Historically, investing in most real estate (other than a home or condo) has required "country club" style connections and high entry costs. There have been few ways for everyday investors to enjoy the full benefits of commercial real estate investing.
But just like 27 years ago... it doesn't have to be this way!
And just like the Internet leveling the playing field back in 1993...
Today, the internet is giving investors unprecedented access to enjoy the true wealth-building potential of real estate.
And with some of the most exciting new ways to invest in real estate projected to grow close to 100-fold by the middle of the next decade, we’ve created Millionacres to help individuals navigate and profit from this market.
Our company was there in 1993 and saw firsthand how powerful these moments are, and today, we’re ready to find and hire our Senior Acquisition Marketing Manager who will help grow Millionacres into a household brand and make Millionacres.com a premier destination on the web for all things real estate.
This position will join a small but experienced team. You’ll work in partnership with our parent company, The Motley Fool, to help bring his growth vision to life while having the opportunity to directly drive and influence this. If this sounds like you, we’re very keen to meet you.
- You will set the entire marketing strategy for The Motley Fool’s real estate investing sub-brand: Millionacres
- You will be a hands-on, execution focused marketer to introduce our services to new customers
- You will need to take both a 10,000 foot view to build our long term customer acquisition strategy, while also operating daily to bring it to life in paid media channels, email marketing, winback campaigns, and more.
- You will have to be resourceful and scrappy. We will support you, while also expecting you to get things done independently. You must have a logical mind, business brain, and a good eye for designs that convert.
- Manage campaign production, deployment, reporting, and optimization to achieve ROI targets.
- Managing inflow of paid acquisitions for entry level products, events, and premium investing services.
- Build out a larger marketing team around you as initial campaigns gain traction and achieve ROI hurdles
- Constantly explore and test new media channels that fit current and future product expressions
- Familiarity with our product suite and target audience for each solution
- No jerks!
- Must be comfortable setting the entire marketing strategy independently
- Past experience at a start-up or rapidly growing marketing team is a positive
- Deep understanding of direct response marketing
- Ability to write copy and create campaign assets as needed
- Familiarity with a wide range of digital media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, email list rentals, Instagram, AdWords, YouTube, and more.
- Past experience or comfort in investing or real estate is a plus
- 5+ years in a strategic marketing role