Seeking for a Senior Administrative Assistant in Boston, Ma main campus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level.
- Possesses the ability to problem solve and determine best course of action with little direction
- Acts as a lead, assigns and prioritizes workflow, troubleshoots issues, and provides backup support for the Division Administrative and Financial & Administrative Manager
- Works on projects, coordinates work, takes initiative using all available resources, follows through on issues when needed, applies knowledge as appropriate with little direction from Supervisor
- Assists with training and orienting of Administrative Assistant staff members as needed
- Provides cross coverage as needed.
- Manages clinical provider’s calendars for meetings, vacations, travel, etc.
- Handles all aspects of patient appointment scheduling and follow-up for Hematology patients and also Anti-Coagulation Clinic patients.
- Responsible for checking that lab tests are scheduled and ordered appropriately, coordinating retrieval of test results, and acting as the point person for patient testing Logisitics
- Works closely with AMS clinical staff to maintain the AMS computer database and creates monthly and quarterly reports.
- Provides administrative support to Hematology staff (filing, photocopying and preparing and proofreading correspondence, reports, etc )
- Provides secretarial support to Hematology clinical and administrative staff as required
- Manages clinical provider’s CV (curriculum vitae).
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Office Policies and Procedures
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and Confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Technical skills required:
- Knowledge of practice operations and
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- Highly proficient in all communication skills (phone, verbal and written). Ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise and professionalism.
- Organization Skills: Strong organizational, coordination and judgment Ability to prioritize effectively. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, following established protocols, and work within systems.
- System Skills: Advanced computer skills. Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level
- Ability to problem solves and Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines.
- Advanced understanding and use of medical terminology.
- Advanced comprehension of billing and fiscal information.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA
Level of education required:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
Work experience required:
- Minimum three years medical office or administrative support experience
- Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education Associate’s Degree or higher level education preferred, but not required.