As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Comprehensive Weight Management (CWM) program offers new hope for weight loss. Our interdisciplinary team includes endocrinologists, surgeons, dietitians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychologists, exercise specialists, and nurses to help you meet your health goals.
We are seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and experienced Senior Administrative Assistant to join our team. This individual will provide support to our physicians, clinical staff, administrators, and other stakeholders. This position has M Health Fairview system-wide duties and responsibilities, including providing coordination of meetings, process development/ project management, and guidance to the Comprehensive Weight Management Services Program.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages CWM teams clinical duties, assists with clinic blocks, arranges all clinical and research meetings.
- Maintains complex calendar schedules across multiple systems to facilitate meetings for stakeholders across several entities. Sends clear agenda and purpose for the meeting.
- Sets up room/technology prior to meetings as needed for dial in, computer, and starting electronic meeting.
- Tracks all meetings and files all documents in secure electronic folders minimizing any paper use.
- Follows up with all email questions within 24 hours.
- Prepares and Organizes the schedule for any visiting surgeons, physicians, and or their clinical teams within the M Health Fairview locations
- Supports all efforts lead by dyad leaders in marketing and outreach for CWM.
- Analyzes and researches issues on behalf of service line leaders and prepare appropriate responses.
- Composes and reviews letters, memos, and Powerpoint presentations for service line leaders as needed.
- Answers phones, prioritizes and routes calls, mail, and email as appropriate.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years office administration experience, including some project management. Training and/or additional education may be substituted for some years of experience.
- Experience providing administrative support to senior-level leaders.
Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Office Suites.
Experience planning and coordinating meetings; experience with electronic calendar management.
Must be able to travel to 2-8 locations within the Twin Cities Metro area via campus shuttle, public transportation, or own vehicle.
- Experience providing administrative support in a healthcare setting.
- Experience in project management and coordination in a complex matrixed organization .
- Familiarity with nuances of Twin Cities health service organizations
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.