Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, hairstyles historically associated with race or other characteristics protected by law.
At Noblis and Noblis ESI, we have excellent teams of smart, collaborative, proactive experts and professionals. We are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T).
Technology and threats evolve rapidly in today’s ever-changing environment. In response, DHS S&T was established by Congress to provide innovative scientific and technical solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges.
This Sr. Administrative Specialist role provides support in the DHS Science and Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals supporting the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to counter current, emerging, and future homeland security threats. Specifically, the selected candidate will support leadership in offices supporting research and development efforts (e.g., the Office of Mission Capability Support or the Office of University Programs). The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and adept at multi-tasking.
Responsibilities of these positions may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing assistance in managing and responding to S&T Executive Secretary data calls, compiling information, and preparing information for reporting to senior leadership.
- Coordinating and maintaining calendars.
- Facilitating communication across local and extended leadership and staff teams.
- Preparing briefing material, memos, and reports for senior leadership, including reviewing documents for grammar, structure, and clarity, as well as technical accuracy.
- Event planning, communication, and coordination.
- Managing travel coordination.
- Records management.
- Monitoring tasker and response deadlines and ensuring on-time completion and submission.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- BA/BS and 3+ years of relevant experience or MA/MS and 1+ years of relevant experience
- SECRET clearance (or Eligibility to obtain a minimum of an Interim Secret clearance)
- Eligibility to obtain DHS Suitability
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience tracking multiple efforts and deliverables, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Experience providing support to senior leadership.
- Experience developing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Experience organizing and maintaining calendars for multiple managers.
- Experience developing reports, minutes, memos, briefs, and correspondence.
- Familiarity with federal travel processing policies and tools.
- Experience maintaining and filing records.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience and proficiency working with MS Office (Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint) and collaboration sites (MS SharePoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as creativity to propose upgrades/new ideas.
- Experience providing consistent and clear communication with program managers and leadership.
- Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g., TSA, CBP, FEMA, CISA, CWMD, USCG, ICE).
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and management.
- Demonstrated excellence with Microsoft Office.
- Candidates with a Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI clearance and DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.