Bioclinica, Inc. is looking for an intelligent, creative, and dedicated AI engineer to join our imaging R&D team in Newark, CA. The AI engineer will be responsible for developing predictive systems, creating efficient algorithms and improving data quality in the context of clinical trials. This individual will work closely with the algorithm imaging team to identify, evaluate, and design tools/algorithms suitable for use in Bioclinica applications. This individual will have the opportunity to contribute directly to the features and capabilities deployed in our applications.
- Provide tech leadership to help junior engineers and contractors understand requirements, implement and troubleshoot algorithms, and make sure they fulfill scientific requirements
- Design medical image processing algorithms and systems
- Design and implement AI models for medical imaging
- Work with imaging scientists to define requirements and identify suitable algorithms and libraries
- Read the scientific literature
- Help automate our workflows
- Help design and improve our cloud-based computation environments
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by
- Reading, understanding and adhering to organizational Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP”)
- Assisting in establishing and enforcing departmental standards
Contributes to team effort by
- Working with internal staff to resolve issues
- Exploring new opportunities to add value to organization and departmental processes
- Helping others to achieve results
- Performing other duties as assigned
Maintains Technical and Industry Knowledge by
- Attending and participating in applicable company-sponsored training
- Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, biomedical engineering, physics or related field preferred
- Coursework in software development and major programming languages preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Imaging (Physics, Anatomy, Dicom)
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++
- Knowledge of machine learning tools and techniques (Keras, Pytorch, Pandas, scikit-learn, R, Xgboost, LightGBM, …)
- Knowledge of software and systems engineering (Cloud computing, continuous integration and deployment) a plus
- Strong motivational skills and abilities – promoting a team-based approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Goal oriented
- Ability to maintain professional and positive attitude
Lifting: 0-10 lbs.
Other: Computer work for long periods of time
This JOB description should not be deemed all-inclusive. Additional requirements and expectations may be assigned. At all times, employees are expected to adhere to company policies and company SOPs.
Bioclinica is an equal opportunity employer. Bioclinica evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status, or any other legally protected characteristic.