Senior Amazon Web Services (AWS) Developer
Springbig is the leading loyalty marketing and communications platform in the cannabis industry, working with over 1,300 unique storefronts and building up a cumulative database of over 20 million consumers. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform allows our dispensary clients to configure a custom loyalty program and through this loyalty program build a database of consumers. Our platform also boasts this industryâ€™s most comprehensive communications engine, allowing our dispensary clients to market to their database of consumers via SMS and email (primarily focused on SMS marketing) in a personalized way.
Our team boasts a combination of some of the most accomplished and experienced titans of the tech and marketing space, as well the most talented young minds in the industry. We found business owners in the cannabis industry to be underserved and in most cases ignored, so we designed our platform to give dispensaries and producers the most innovative tools in marketing â€“ and we never stop innovating.
Our headquarters are located in beautiful Boca Raton, FL with team members distributed around the country. You may work remotely if you are located outside of South Florida (Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties).
What will I be working on?
As an AWS Developer, youâ€™ll be working with us in all aspects of the product, from its core infrastructure to AWS integrations. As a Team Player on the development team, youâ€™ll wear multiple hats, turn ambiguity into details, building complex features and continuously find opportunities to improve performance and increase reliability.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification
- 5 years of Professional experience in AWS cloud platform
- 5 years of Professional experience with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures
- Amazing communications and customer service skills
- Ability to manage your time and keep things from falling through the cracks even with multiple, simultaneous projects are going on
Services in use at springbig:
- Elastic Beanstalk
- RDS (MySQL & Postgres)
- DMS (Database Migration Service)
- Route 53
- API Gateway
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mentor and coach current AWS employees
- Manage and deploy the infrastructure to support the platform ecosystem.
- Monitor Infrastructure, and ensure up time
- Look for bottlenecks, and suggest improvements
- Re-engineer and migrate on-premises solutions and applications to a cloud environment.
- Develop and deploy CI/CD automation infrastructure using AWS Development tools.
- Continuously assess and integrate emerging cloud features.
- Monitoring system components and application processing to proactively identify incidents, resolve issues, and participate in root cause analysis.
What are we looking for in a team member?
- Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast, communicate and adapt to shifting priorities.
Weâ€™re especially fond of people who:
- Communicate well and articulate ideas clearly.
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Contribute ideas.
- Take initiative.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code.
- You know when to unit test and when to â€œjust ship itâ€.
Whatâ€™s it like to work at springbig?
Itâ€™s awesome! Weâ€™re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
We take care of our team members:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Choose your own equipment
- 401k match
- Great health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
- Casual and comfortable working environment
And infuse lightness and creativity into our days:
- Stocked coffee, snacks and candy â€œbarâ€
- Pizza parties and team lunches
- Laser Tag in the office
- Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
- Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge